From: Rodriguez Felipe <Felipe.Rodriguez@vtt.fi>
To: "users@dpdk.org" <users@dpdk.org>
Subject: [dpdk-users] Error while running "helloworld" example
Date: Sun, 30 Aug 2020 14:53:30 +0000	[thread overview]

Hi,

I just installed DPDK following the steps provided on: https://github.com/sdnfv/openNetVM/blob/master/docs/Install.md
when finishing the following message was printed:

CPU(s):              8
Thread(s) per core:  1
Core(s) per socket:  4
Socket(s):           2
Model name:          Quad-Core AMD Opteron(tm) Processor 2376
Environment setup complete.
ONVM INSTALL COMPLETED SUCCESSFULLY

Now I'm trying to run the "helloworld" example by running ./helloworld -l 0,1 -n 1
but I get the following error: Illegal instruction (core dumped).

Any help is appreciated as I've tried to look for a solution and even reinstalled DPDK
several times but the error persists.

PD: This is the output of lscpu

Architecture:        x86_64
CPU op-mode(s):      32-bit, 64-bit
Byte Order:          Little Endian
CPU(s):              8
On-line CPU(s) list: 0-7
Thread(s) per core:  1
Core(s) per socket:  4
Socket(s):           2
NUMA node(s):        2
Vendor ID:           AuthenticAMD
CPU family:          16
Model:               4
Model name:          Quad-Core AMD Opteron(tm) Processor 2376
Stepping:            2
CPU MHz:             2300.000
CPU max MHz:         2300.0000
CPU min MHz:         800.0000
BogoMIPS:            4587.95
Virtualisation:      AMD-V
L1d cache:           64K
L1i cache:           64K
L2 cache:            512K
L3 cache:            6144K
NUMA node0 CPU(s):   0,2,4,6
NUMA node1 CPU(s):   1,3,5,7
Flags:               fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat pse36 clflush mmx fxsr sse sse2 ht syscall nx mmxext fxsr_opt pdpe1gb rdtscp lm 3dnowext 3dnow constant_tsc rep_good nopl nonstop_tsc cpuid extd_apicid pni monitor cx16 popcnt lahf_lm cmp_legacy svm extapic cr8_legacy abm sse4a misalignsse 3dnowprefetch osvw ibs skinit wdt hw_pstate vmmcall npt lbrv svm_lock nrip_save

Thank you.

Regards,
Felipe Rodriguez