* [DPDK 20.11] How to enable symmetric qat pmd only
@ 2022-07-28  9:38 Er ping
From: Er ping @ 2022-07-28  9:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: users

I am using DPDK 20.11 and when I initialize the qat device, I find that both sym qat pmd and asym qat pmd are always initialized; however, in DPDK 19.02, I just need to specify the macro CONFIG_RTE_LIBRTE_PMD_QAT_SYM=Y to initialize sym qat pmd only.

After I checked the documentation, I didn't find any clear solution.

So I would like to know if there is any way to initialize sym qat pmd only in DPDK version 20.11.

BRs,
Samuel

* RE: [DPDK 20.11] How to enable symmetric qat pmd only
@ 2022-08-11  9:54 ` Zhang, Roy Fan
From: Zhang, Roy Fan @ 2022-08-11  9:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Er ping, users

For DPDK 20.11 the make system is no longer support.
Basically the default DPDK build enables all drivers when dependencies are met.
Please refer to https://doc.dpdk.org/guides/prog_guide/build-sdk-meson.html section 61.3 for disabling certain driver to compile.

Unfortunately for DPDK 20.11 there is no way to only enabling QAT sym but leave QAT asym disabled as they are now combined as “QAT crypto” driver and are enabled/disabled together.

Regards,
Fan