From: Zhiyong Huo <zhuo@SonicWall.com>
To: "users@dpdk.org" <users@dpdk.org>
Subject: [dpdk-users] dpdk sw schedule issue
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2020 03:05:05 +0000

Hi,

We used DPDK to do high performance gateway.
And we chose the event_sw scheduler to do the packet scheduler.
However, there were several issues.

The gateway was set with 32 cores.
I did several test:

1.  One RX polling adapter and  one scheduler. No service core, but 32 cores to  compete the RX adapeter/scheduler adapter.

The performance was too low.

2.  Set multi RX polling adapeters and multi schedulers.

Get higher performance but not as expect.

For the scheduler logic, it seemed that the DPDK has very simple scheduler logic.

Is there any plan or suggestion about the scheduler logic?

Thanks

             reply index