* [dpdk-users] Question regarding DPDK on AWS
@ 2021-06-30 14:40 Antonis Christodoulou
From: Antonis Christodoulou @ 2021-06-30 14:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: users

Hello all,

my name is Antonis Christodoulou, and I am a new user of DPDK. I am not sure this is the right place to ask a usage question, so please feel free to redirect me to someone more appropriate for such questions as needed.

I am working on AWS, and I have set up F-stack over DPDK, successfully connecting to an address within my private VPC, using a client socket. On the other side I am running a simple echo server with  ncat -l 2001 -k -c 'xargs -n1 echo' -vvv. However, when I just change the address to some global IP, like the one used by www.example.com<http://www.example.com/>, ie.  93.184.216.34 (I used port 80), then I am not getting any socket connection.

Would you know why this is happening? I have not set up any veth0 interface yet for the DPDK NIC, I am not sure this is needed for connectivity.

Regards,
Antonis

* Re: [dpdk-users] Question regarding DPDK on AWS
@ 2021-07-01 13:43 ` Thomas Monjalon
From: Thomas Monjalon @ 2021-07-01 13:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Antonis Christodoulou; +Cc: users

30/06/2021 16:40, Antonis Christodoulou:
> Hello all,

Hello,

> my name is Antonis Christodoulou, and I am a new user of DPDK. I am not sure this is the right place to ask a usage question, so please feel free to redirect me to someone more appropriate for such questions as needed.

Your question below looks related to the TCP stack in F-stack, not DPDK itself.
I would recommend to get in touch with the F-Stack project:
	https://github.com/F-Stack/f-stack/issues