* MACSEC encryption in dpdk app
@ 2022-08-01 14:00 Nirilanto RAKOTOSALAMA
From: Nirilanto RAKOTOSALAMA @ 2022-08-01 14:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: users

I have specific usecase where I want to do Macsec encryption inside worker thread. My data plane chain is the following  :

RX  ==>   | QoS   |  ==> | Encrypt | ==> | Custom satcom encap|  ==> TX

It seems the rte_security API does not yet implement MACSEC protocol. Do you confirm ?
It seems the other way is using rte_cryptodev API but the pmd way but I don't know if it fits my usecase (single working thread).

Then, what is the best way to do ? Is there any lower encryption API I can use to do full soft (handmade macsec) implementation ?

Best regards.

Niry

This message contains confidential information and is intended only for the individual(s) addressed in the message. If you are not the named addressee, you should not disseminate, distribute, or copy this e-mail. If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that disclosing, distributing, or copying this e-mail is strictly prohibited.