From: Nirilanto RAKOTOSALAMA <Nirilanto.rakotosalama.e@thalesdigital.io>
To: "users@dpdk.org" <users@dpdk.org>
Subject: Traffic Management + softnic instead of Hierarchical scheduler
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2022 14:46:19 +0000	[thread overview]

Hello,

I have usecase with following packets processing pipeline : classification -> QoS scheduling  (with shapping) -> packet processing (ending vtep, modifying 802.1q and IPv4 headers, adding encapsulating stack) -> forwarding.
I actually use several HS instances to handle independent packet streams but I would have a different QoS scheme (e.g. having wfq between pipes or handling strict prio queues between groups and subscribers levels).
It seems the Traffic Management can fit.

My questions is : Is it possible to use Traffic Management API to build a customized QoS scheduler and use it at software level instead of the HS (e.g. like in qos_sched example) ? And then, plug this QoS block with software ring to another function. (e.g. is there the equivalent api to  rte_sched_port_enqueue and rte_sched_port_dequeue for such case).

Thanks in advance for your answer.

Best regards.

N.R.

This message contains confidential information and is intended only for the individual(s) addressed in the message. If you are not the named addressee, you should not disseminate, distribute, or copy this e-mail. If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that disclosing, distributing, or copying this e-mail is strictly prohibited.