From: Filip Janiszewski <contact@filipjaniszewski.com>
To: "users@dpdk.org" <users@dpdk.org>
Subject: ConnectX-6 timestamps
Date: Sat, 9 Apr 2022 09:07:12 +0200

Hello,

We've a customer with a brand new ConnectX-6 card (SW running on top of
DPDK 21.02) that is observing timestamps going backward every few
seconds (No strict time order), I would expect the card to always
timestamp the packets in a monotonically increasing order even if no
timestamping reference has been provided (PTP), is there a configuration
to be made on the card or DPDK to be sure the timestamps are always
monotonically increasing?

Thanks

--
BR, Filip