From: David Christensen <drc@linux.vnet.ibm.com>
To: users@dpdk.org
Subject: Re: [dpdk-users] Assistance Request: Error adding DPDK VFIO NIC to OVS+DPDK Bridge
Date: Thu, 7 May 2020 10:48:48 -0700

On 5/4/20 2:18 PM, Wittling, Mark (CCI-Atlanta) wrote:
> Greetings, I cannot get OpenVSwitch to add my DPDK-bound VFIO port (e1000 DPDK-compatible NIC) to the bridge without an error.
>
> The error is at the end, and I am supplying all of the info I know the community would typically ask me for, before I show the error at the bottom.

> # cat ovs-vswitchd.log
> 2020-05-04T21:12:11.071Z|00291|dpdk|ERR|EAL: Driver cannot attach the device (0000:01:00.0)

What do you see with the following bash command:

for a in /sys/kernel/iommu_groups/*; do find $a -type l; done | sort
--version-sort

There may be other devices in the same IOMMU group as your NICs.  If so,
then you need to bind VFIO to those devices as well.  Found this link
that might be helpful if you're unfamiliar with the concept of IOMMU groups:

https://heiko-sieger.info/iommu-groups-what-you-need-to-consider/

Dave

      reply index