* [dpdk-users] Same port receive/transmit loopback
@ 2020-01-20 22:34 Dominic Chen
From: Dominic Chen @ 2020-01-20 22:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: users

I've just started working with DPDK recently, and I'm a little confused
by the intended behavior when transmitting and receiving on the same port.

Currently, I haven't been able to receive the same packet that I
transmitted, regardless of the source/destination MACs on the Ethernet
packet (broadcast, self, etc), or whether the port is in promiscuous
mode. I've verified from other hosts on the network that my packets are
being sent, that I am able to receive packets (as long as I didn't send
them), and that I get the same behavior when using vfio-pci with both
e1000 and vmxnet3 (emulated in VMware).

Is there some built-in source MAC filtering that I'm missing? Or do I
have to enable loopback mode?

Thanks,

Dominic