* [BBDev] How to run only the decoder
@ 2024-05-07  8:12 Mattia Milani
From: Mattia Milani @ 2024-05-07  8:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: users

Hello everybody,

I'm totally new to the DPDK and BBDev world, and I'm seeking for some
directions
on how to solve the scenario that I have in mind.

The idea is to run a BBDev app, like the example provided by DPDK, with only
the decoder listening on the assigned interface. Currently the example app
provides a loop-back with the following flow: RX -> Encoder -> Decoder
-> TX.

I've already read the documentation available on BBDev, i.e.
https://doc.dpdk.org/guides/sample_app_ug/bbdev_app.html and
https://doc.dpdk.org/guides/bbdevs/index.html but I don't think it's
enough for
what I'm looking for.

I'm currently trying to read/understand the code in bbdev_app to modify the
source and build my own application, but it seems quite overwhelming and
I was
wondering if there is a better starting point rather than reading
someone else code.

What I'm asking is if somebody has some pointers to share on applications
that already provide what I'm looking for (to not re-invent the wheel)
or guidelines
on how to write DPDK-BBDev applications such that I can better
understand what
I'm looking at and later develop my own application.

Thanks to anybody who is going to help in advance.

Best regards,
Mattia Milani

only message in thread, other threads:[~2024-05-07  8:12 UTC | newest]