* [dpdk-users] DPDK e1000 Legacy Transmit Descriptor Format
@ 2020-06-03 15:21 Kilian Holzinger
From: Kilian Holzinger @ 2020-06-03 15:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: users; +Cc: wei.zhao1, jia.guo

Hello,

today I was trying to find a way to use the Intel LaunchTime feature of
the i210 NIC in conjunction with DPDK IGB PMD driver. I thought it might
be easy to get it to work, since it might be just some register that is
missing. However I discovered that the e1000 driver uses the legacy
transmit descriptor format and therefore the Launch Time feature is not
easily available at all in DPDK.
Do you see any other options I have to use this feature in DPDK?
Are there plans to move to the new Transmit Descriptor Format?

Best regards
Kilian Holzinger