From: Kevin Traynor <ktraynor@redhat.com>
To: Waqqas Jabbar <waqqas.jabbar@emumba.com>, users@dpdk.org
Cc: Ajit Khaparde <ajit.khaparde@broadcom.com>
Subject: Re: [dpdk-users] How to contribute to DPDK
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2020 17:50:36 +0000	[thread overview]

On 03/02/2020 07:35, Waqqas Jabbar wrote:
> Hi

Hi,

> I would like to contribute to DPDK project. Please share where should I begin.

Cool :-)

> I was thinking of starting with some bugs at
> https://bugs.dpdk.org/describecomponents.cgi?product=DPDK
>
> What's the process to do that? Who assigns the bug or can I opt for one?
> Can anyone suggest some easy bugs to fix?

I think Ajit assigns the bugs, but I suggest that if there's something
you are interested in fixing, don't wait, just go for it.

Depending on experience, some bugs may be complex, so something like
docs, testing or some small cleanup patches can be a good place to start.

As a new user, maybe you think some things are badly explained (or not
at all) and could use additional documentation? There are unit tests for
many components, maybe you see some missing cases? or maybe some parts
of the code are not clear and need to be cleaned up.

Note, there's a section about how to contribute code to DPDK here
http://doc.dpdk.org/guides/contributing/patches.html

Kevin.