DPDK website maintenance
* [dpdk-web] outdated statement about version maintenance
@ 2018-06-20 16:05 Thomas Monjalon
From: Thomas Monjalon @ 2018-06-20 16:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: web; +Cc: ktraynor

Hi,

In the page https://www.dpdk.org/contribute/
we can read this:
"
	Focus is on next version in git HEAD.
	There is no maintenance of previous versions.
"

It is an old statement from the days we had no LTS, etc.
We forgot to remove it.

As discussed during the technical board meeting
(thanks Kevin for the catch),
please can we remove it from the new website?

* Re: [dpdk-web] outdated statement about version maintenance
@ 2018-06-20 16:41 ` Mcnamara, John
From: Mcnamara, John @ 2018-06-20 16:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Thomas Monjalon, web; +Cc: ktraynor

Yes. Let's remove both lines. If someone submits a patch I will ack it. If that is what we are still doing now that the website has moved.

Is it? I see that the code is in github in Markdown.

John

* Re: [dpdk-web] outdated statement about version maintenance
@ 2018-06-20 20:24   ` Thomas Monjalon
From: Thomas Monjalon @ 2018-06-20 20:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mcnamara, John; +Cc: web, ktraynor

20/06/2018 18:41, Mcnamara, John:
> From: Thomas Monjalon
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > In the page https://www.dpdk.org/contribute/ we can read this:
> > "
> > 	Focus is on next version in git HEAD.
> > 	There is no maintenance of previous versions.
> > "
> >
> > It is an old statement from the days we had no LTS, etc.
> > We forgot to remove it.
> >
> > As discussed during the technical board meeting (thanks Kevin for the catch),
> > please can we remove it from the new website?
>
> Yes. Let's remove both lines. If someone submits a patch I will ack it. If that is what we are still doing now that the website has moved.
>
> Is it? I see that the code is in github in Markdown.

No, the page that I am talking about is in Wordpress - www.dpdk.org - managed by the LF.
The process is to request changes here - web@dpdk.org.

We will continue working with patches only for core.dpdk.org.
As agreed today in the technical board, the code will be in dpdk-web.git,
replacing the old website.

* Re: [dpdk-web] outdated statement about version maintenance
@ 2018-06-25 21:04 ` Thomas Monjalon
From: Thomas Monjalon @ 2018-06-25 21:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: web; +Cc: ktraynor, Trishan de Lanerolle

+Cc Trishan