done On Wed, May 1, 2024 at 3:43 AM Thomas Monjalon wrote: > Thank you for the detailed information below. > It has been requested to add this project last year already: > > https://inbox.dpdk.org/web/aca0f09c-a76c-a633-4db9-43501023357a@huawei.com/ > > Nathan, Ben, please could you add a link to > https://gitee.com/openeuler/gazelle > with this text: > Gazelle - TCP Stack > in https://www.dpdk.org/ecosystem/#projects > > Would it be interesting to learn more about the OpenEuler project in a > blog post? > > > 01/05/2024 05:51, Wuchangye (EulerOS): > > Hello everyone: > > > > I am Changye Wu, the project leader of the gazelle project in the > openEuler community. I am delighted to introduce the gazelle project to you > all. > > > > gazelle is a high-performance > user-space protocol stack based on DPDK. It has been open-sourced in the > openEuler community and released with the openEuler LTS version. Thanks to > DPDK's high-performance packet processing and gazelle's efforts in > scheduling, threadization of the protocol stack, etc., gazelle has strong > competitiveness in terms of latency, throughput, etc. It can achieve a > performance improvement of 20%+ for MySQL and 100% for Redis. Currently, it > is widely used in scenarios such as finance and storage. > > > > We have noticed that the DPDK community encourages everyone to build > open-source projects based on DPDK. We > also hope to interact with the DPDK community and leverage the power of the > community to make gazelle better. Therefore, we hereby apply to join the > DPDK open-source project ecosystem. We hope to strengthen our connection > with the community, grow together with the community, and contribute to the > prosperity of the DPDK community ecosystem. We look forward to your reply. > > > > Below, I will provide a detailed introduction to the gazelle project, > covering aspects such as its technical architecture and effects, project > operation status, DPDK support, internal and external collaborations, etc. > > > > > > l Gazelle Software Architecture: > > [cid:image001.jpg@01DA9BBD.ECBFADC0] > > > > Technical Features of gazelle: > > High Performance: Zero-copy packet transmission and reception > implemented based on DPDK. > > Plug-and-Play: Posix compatible, LD_PRELOAD hijacking, no need for > business adaptation. > > Generality: Supports various network models such as run-to-completion, > run-to-wakeup, accelerating applications like MySQL, Redis, etc. > > > > > > l Project Operation Status: > > gazelle was open-sourced in the openEuler community in 2022. Over the > course of two years, it has garnered contributions from over 35 developers > from Kylin Software, China Mobile, Huawei, and others. There have been over > 1000 PR submissions. It has been released in over 10 community versions > including openEuler 20.03 LTS, 22.03 LTS, 24.03 LTS, etc. > > > > > > l DPDK Version Support: > > gazelle supports multiple versions of DPDK including 19.11, 21.11, > 23.11, etc. > > > > > > l Collaborations: > > gazelle has collaborated with enterprises such as China Mobile, Shanghai > Stock Exchange, etc. It has jointly conducted community conference > presentations< > https://www.openeuler.org/zh/interaction/summit-list/summit2023/#live>, > released technical whitepapers< > https://www.openeuler.org/zh/news/openEuler/20240122-whitepape/20240122-whitepape.html>, > and more with its partners. > > [cid:image003.jpg@01DA9BBD.ECBFADC0][cid:image005.jpg@01DA9BBD.ECBFADC0] > > > > > > l Future Evolution: > > Currently, gazelle still faces challenges in scenarios such as > multi-processes and containers. We are researching DPDK features like > Multi-process< > https://doc.dpdk.org/guides/prog_guide/multi_proc_support.html>, > flow_bifurcation, > virtio_user< > https://doc.dpdk.org/guides/howto/virtio_user_for_container_networking.html>, > etc. We will further enhance gazelle based on these features. > > > > For more detailed information about gazelle, you can visit our project > repository: https://gitee.com/openeuler/gazelle . Feel free to contact > us; we welcome any inquiries. > > > >