DPDK website maintenance
* addition to Ecosystem Page of DPDK Website
@ 2022-11-02 22:25 Nathan Southern
From: Nathan Southern @ 2022-11-02 22:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: web

Hello,

We need this project added to the dpdk.org ecosystem page.

https://github.com/OpenVisualCloud/Media-Transport-Library

Thanks,

Nathan Southern

Nathan C. Southern, Project Coordinator

Data Plane Development Kit

The Linux Foundation

248.835.4812 (mobile)

nsouthern@linuxfoundation.org

* Re: addition to Ecosystem Page of DPDK Website
@ 2022-11-09 19:55 ` Thomas Monjalon
From: Thomas Monjalon @ 2022-11-09 19:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nathan Southern; +Cc: web, bruce.richardson, frank.du

02/11/2022 23:25, Nathan Southern:
> Hello,
>
> We need this project added to the dpdk.org ecosystem page.
>
> https://github.com/OpenVisualCloud/Media-Transport-Library

It looks OK to add,
with the hope that the directory for their DPDK patches
will reduce over time.
We should encourage project to avoid keeping non-upstreamed patches.
Do we know whether all patches were submitted to DPDK?

* RE: addition to Ecosystem Page of DPDK Website
@ 2022-11-10  1:11   ` Du, Frank
From: Du, Frank @ 2022-11-10  1:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Thomas Monjalon, Nathan Southern; +Cc: web, Richardson, Bruce, Yu, Ping

Hi Thomas,

Yes, it's our target also, we want to upstream all patches. Ex, for https://github.com/OpenVisualCloud/Media-Transport-Library/blob/main/patches/dpdk/22.07/hdr_split/0001-ethdev-introduce-protocol-header-API.patch, it was already upstream in this commit https://github.com/DPDK/dpdk/commit/629dad3ef325f9b4519d94c29ec49b77b386d850, but it is still in our patch list since we are using 22.07. Indeed we has some patches which still in POC stage are not in upstreaming process now, but finally all local patches will take the way to upstream I think.

Thanks,
Frank

@ 2022-11-10  7:36     ` Thomas Monjalon
From: Thomas Monjalon @ 2022-11-10  7:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nathan Southern, Du, Frank; +Cc: web, Richardson, Bruce, Yu, Ping

Thanks for confirming.

10/11/2022 02:11, Du, Frank:

@ 2022-11-24  2:14       ` Du, Frank
From: Du, Frank @ 2022-11-24  2:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Thomas Monjalon, Nathan Southern; +Cc: web, Richardson, Bruce, Yu, Ping

Hello,

Thanks for adding our repo(https://github.com/OpenVisualCloud/Media-Transport-Library) to the ecosystem page.

But can we has a small request to change the naming like below?
IMTL - Real time and low latency media transport library.

Thanks,
Frank

@ 2022-11-28  9:12         ` Yu, Ping
From: Yu, Ping @ 2022-11-28  9:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Du, Frank, Thomas Monjalon, Nathan Southern
  Cc: web, Richardson, Bruce, Yu, Ping, Yu, Ping

Thanks all to help us, and could you please help update the description based on Frank's request? We will try to promote this to more people. 😊

Thanks all!

Ping

@ 2022-11-28 22:38           ` Thomas Monjalon
From: Thomas Monjalon @ 2022-11-28 22:38 UTC (permalink / raw)