DPDK website maintenance
* Introduce DPDK support provided by the openEuler, and ask for DPDK website add support openEuler distribution
@ 2022-09-06  8:55 fengchengwen
From: fengchengwen @ 2022-09-06  8:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: web, Thomas Monjalon, dev

Hi,

The openEuler is an open source operating system. The current openEuler
kernel is derived from Linux and supports Kunpeng and other processors. It
is an efficient, stable, and secure open source operating system built by
global open source contributors and is applicable to application scenarios
such as databases, big data, cloud computing, and artificial intelligence.
Please see more in [1].

The openEuler community provides DPDK support([2]), and also provides an
user-mode TCP/IP stack Gazelle([3]).

Since the openEuler is becoming more popular, I recommend that the DPDK
website([4]) add support the openEuler distribution, just like other
popular distributions.

[1] https://www.openeuler.org/en/
[2] https://gitee.com/src-openeuler/dpdk
[3] https://gitee.com/src-openeuler/gazelle
[4] https://www.dpdk.org/ecosystem/

Thanks.

* Re: Introduce DPDK support provided by the openEuler, and ask for DPDK website add support openEuler distribution
@ 2022-09-14 10:44 ` Thomas Monjalon
From: Thomas Monjalon @ 2022-09-14 10:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: fengchengwen, Jill Lovato; +Cc: web, nsouthern

Jill, please could help updating the website as explained below?
Fengchengwen, please could you help with finding a logo?

06/09/2022 10:55, fengchengwen:
> Hi,
>
> The openEuler is an open source operating system. The current openEuler
> kernel is derived from Linux and supports Kunpeng and other processors. It
> is an efficient, stable, and secure open source operating system built by
> global open source contributors and is applicable to application scenarios
> such as databases, big data, cloud computing, and artificial intelligence.
> Please see more in [1].
>
> The openEuler community provides DPDK support([2]), and also provides an
> user-mode TCP/IP stack Gazelle([3]).
>
> Since the openEuler is becoming more popular, I recommend that the DPDK
> website([4]) add support the openEuler distribution, just like other
> popular distributions.

I agree to add a link to [1] in https://www.dpdk.org/ecosystem/#distributions
Where can we find the logo in good resolution and transparent background?

@ 2022-09-15  2:27   ` fengchengwen
From: fengchengwen @ 2022-09-15  2:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Thomas Monjalon, Jill Lovato; +Cc: web, nsouthern

Hi Thomas,

  I'm glad that the community accepted the request. Thanks.

On 2022/9/14 18:44, Thomas Monjalon wrote:
> Jill, please could help updating the website as explained below?
> Fengchengwen, please could you help with finding a logo?

Hi Jill

  Please visit the website [1] and recommend downloading the standard icon.
  Note that there are two types of standard icons: verical and horizontal,
  please select an appropriate icon.

  [1] https://www.openeuler.org/en/other/brand/

Thanks.

@ 2022-09-26  1:47     ` fengchengwen
From: fengchengwen @ 2022-09-26  1:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jill Lovato; +Cc: Thomas Monjalon, web, nsouthern

Hi Jill,

  I attach the horizontal style, could you please updating the website ?

  Thanks.

On 2022/9/15 10:27, fengchengwen wrote:
> Hi Thomas,
>
>   I'm glad that the community accepted the request. Thanks.
>
> On 2022/9/14 18:44, Thomas Monjalon wrote:
>> Jill, please could help updating the website as explained below?
>> Fengchengwen, please could you help with finding a logo?
>
> Hi Jill
>
>   Please visit the website [1] and recommend downloading the standard icon.
>   Note that there are two types of standard icons: verical and horizontal,
>   please select an appropriate icon.
>
>   [1] https://www.openeuler.org/en/other/brand/
>
> Thanks.
>

>> 06/09/2022 10:55, fengchengwen:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> The openEuler is an open source operating system. The current openEuler
>>> kernel is derived from Linux and supports Kunpeng and other processors. It
>>> is an efficient, stable, and secure open source operating system built by
>>> global open source contributors and is applicable to application scenarios
>>> such as databases, big data, cloud computing, and artificial intelligence.
>>> Please see more in [1].
>>>
>>> The openEuler community provides DPDK support([2]), and also provides an
>>> user-mode TCP/IP stack Gazelle([3]).
>>>
>>> Since the openEuler is becoming more popular, I recommend that the DPDK
>>> website([4]) add support the openEuler distribution, just like other
>>> popular distributions.
>>
>> I agree to add a link to [1] in https://www.dpdk.org/ecosystem/#distributions
>> Where can we find the logo in good resolution and transparent background?
>>
>>> [1] https://www.openeuler.org/en/
>>> [2] https://gitee.com/src-openeuler/dpdk
>>> [3] https://gitee.com/src-openeuler/gazelle
>>> [4] https://www.dpdk.org/ecosystem/
>>>
>>> Thanks.
>>

>> .
>>

> .

[-- Attachment #2: openeuler-icon.tar.gz --]
[-- Type: application/x-gzip, Size: 127760 bytes --]

* Re: Introduce DPDK support provided by the openEuler, and ask for DPDK website add support openEuler distribution
@ 2022-10-09 13:23       ` fengchengwen
From: fengchengwen @ 2022-10-09 13:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jill Lovato; +Cc: Thomas Monjalon, web, nsouthern

Kindly ping

@ 2022-10-18 14:28         ` fengchengwen
From: fengchengwen @ 2022-10-18 14:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jill Lovato; +Cc: Thomas Monjalon, web, nsouthern

Kindly ping for response.

@ 2022-10-19  6:57           ` Thomas Monjalon
From: Thomas Monjalon @ 2022-10-19  6:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jill Lovato, nsouthern; +Cc: fengchengwen, web

Nathan, Jill,

This web update was requested one month ago,
please can we proceed with it?

18/10/2022 16:28, fengchengwen:

@ 2022-10-19 23:14             ` Nathan Southern
From: Nathan Southern @ 2022-10-19 23:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Thomas Monjalon; +Cc: Jill Lovato, fengchengwen, web

on it now

@ 2022-10-28  1:45               ` fengchengwen
From: fengchengwen @ 2022-10-28  1:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nathan Southern, Thomas Monjalon; +Cc: Jill Lovato, web

Hi Thomas and Nathan,

    Thank you very much.

@ 2023-01-20 11:29                 ` Thomas Monjalon
From: Thomas Monjalon @ 2023-01-20 11:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nathan Southern, fengchengwen; +Cc: Jill Lovato, web

I cannot find OpenEuler on DPDK website.
Has it been removed?

28/10/2022 03:45, fengchengwen:

@ 2023-01-27 15:29                   ` Thomas Monjalon
From: Thomas Monjalon @ 2023-01-27 15:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nathan Southern, fengchengwen; +Cc: web, Jill Lovato

20/01/2023 12:29, Thomas Monjalon:
> I cannot find OpenEuler on DPDK website.
> Has it been removed?

Sorry I didn't look at the right place.
OpenEuler is in the distributions section.

I was looking for the TCP stack Gazelle:
https://gitee.com/src-openeuler/gazelle

Can we add this link to the section "Projects"?
Is there a better link?

@ 2023-01-30  7:44                     ` fengchengwen
From: fengchengwen @ 2023-01-30  7:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Thomas Monjalon, Nathan Southern
  Cc: web, Jill Lovato, wuchangsheng 00471678, majun 00525086

Hi Thomas,

  Sorry to reply so late because on vacation.

On 2023/1/27 23:29, Thomas Monjalon wrote:
> 20/01/2023 12:29, Thomas Monjalon:
>> I cannot find OpenEuler on DPDK website.
>> Has it been removed?
>
> Sorry I didn't look at the right place.
> OpenEuler is in the distributions section.
>
> I was looking for the TCP stack Gazelle:
> https://gitee.com/src-openeuler/gazelle
>
> Can we add this link to the section "Projects"?

Yes, we're looking forward to Gazelle being added to the list of projects.
and the brief introduction could be: "High performance user mode TCP Stack"

https://gitee.com/openeuler/gazelle

@ 2023-01-30 14:50                       ` Thomas Monjalon
From: Thomas Monjalon @ 2023-01-30 14:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nathan Southern, fengchengwen
  Cc: web, Jill Lovato, wuchangsheng 00471678, majun 00525086

30/01/2023 08:44, fengchengwen:
> On 2023/1/27 23:29, Thomas Monjalon wrote:
> > 20/01/2023 12:29, Thomas Monjalon:
> > I was looking for the TCP stack Gazelle:
> > https://gitee.com/src-openeuler/gazelle
> >
> > Can we add this link to the section "Projects"?
>
> Yes, we're looking forward to Gazelle being added to the list of projects.
> and the brief introduction could be: "High performance user mode TCP Stack"

All TCP stacks running on top of DPDK are supposed to be
"High performance user mode" :)
I assume we can keep the same description as for others: "TCP Stack"

> > Is there a better link?
>
> https://gitee.com/openeuler/gazelle

OK let's use this link.

* Re: Introduce DPDK support provided by the openEuler, and ask for DPDK website add support openEuler distribution
@ 2023-02-20  9:27                         ` fengchengwen
From: fengchengwen @ 2023-02-20  9:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Thomas Monjalon, Nathan Southern
  Cc: web, Jill Lovato, wuchangsheng 00471678, majun 00525086

On 2023/1/30 22:50, Thomas Monjalon wrote:
> 30/01/2023 08:44, fengchengwen:
>> On 2023/1/27 23:29, Thomas Monjalon wrote:
>>> 20/01/2023 12:29, Thomas Monjalon:
>>> I was looking for the TCP stack Gazelle:
>>> https://gitee.com/src-openeuler/gazelle
>>>
>>> Can we add this link to the section "Projects"?
>>
>> Yes, we're looking forward to Gazelle being added to the list of projects.
>> and the brief introduction could be: "High performance user mode TCP Stack"
>
> All TCP stacks running on top of DPDK are supposed to be
> "High performance user mode" :)
> I assume we can keep the same description as for others: "TCP Stack"

ok

>>> Is there a better link?
>>
>> https://gitee.com/openeuler/gazelle
>
> OK let's use this link.

Hi @Thomas and @Nathan,

   Please help add Gazelle to the list of projects with link above.

Thanks.