DPDK announcements
* [dpdk-announce] release candidate 20.05-rc1
@ 2020-04-26 23:40 Thomas Monjalon
From: Thomas Monjalon @ 2020-04-26 23:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: announce

A new DPDK release candidate is ready for testing:
	https://git.dpdk.org/dpdk/tag/?id=v20.05-rc1

There are 822 new patches in this snapshot.

Release notes:
	https://doc.dpdk.org/guides/rel_notes/release_20_05.html

Highlights of 20.05-rc1, grouped by category:
* General
	- low overhead tracing framework
	- ring synchronisation modes for VMs and containers
	- RCU API for deferred resource reclamation
* Networking
	- flow aging API
	- driver for Intel Foxville I225
* Cryptography
	- event mode in the example application ipsec-secgw
* Baseband
	- 5G driver for Intel FPGA-based N3000

We are still expecting some features for -rc2:
	- packet processing graph
	- telemetry rework
	- flow rules performance test
	- GCC 10 support

We have four small weeks to complete this release cycle.
DPDK 20.05-rc2 is expected on April 8th.

Please test and report issues on bugs.dpdk.org.
As a community, we must close as many bugs as possible for -rc2.
Please read this bugzilla-related message:
	http://mails.dpdk.org/archives/dev/2020-April/165437.html

Thank you everyone

* Re: [dpdk-announce] release candidate 20.05-rc1
@ 2020-04-28  7:29 ` Thomas Monjalon
From: Thomas Monjalon @ 2020-04-28  7:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: announce

27/04/2020 01:40, Thomas Monjalon:
> We have four small weeks to complete this release cycle.
> DPDK 20.05-rc2 is expected on April 8th.

I received some feedbacks that some of you don't have any time machine.
That's unfortunate.
We have to postpone -rc2 target date to May 8th to accomodate everyone.