DPDK announcements
* [dpdk-announce] FOSDEM 2020 Software Defined Networking Devroom CFP
       [not found] <b240ec63-9182-84b4-e935-ceb25b9e72c7@ashroe.eu>
@ 2019-10-17 18:36 ` Ray Kinsella
From: Ray Kinsella @ 2019-10-17 18:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: fosdem, announce, vpp-dev, csit-dev

We are pleased to announce the Call for Participation for the FOSDEM
2020 Software Defined Networking devroom!

Important dates:

 Nov 24th 2019  Submission deadline for talk proposals
 Dec 15th 2019  Announcement of the final schedule
 Feb 1st 2019   Software Defined Networking devroom

Talks covering any projects or technologies within the networking domain
are welcome, with the only condition being that the project or
technology must be free and open source. Software Defined Networking
continues to be an exciting and growing field and FOSDEM gives an
opportunity to reach a large audience of knowledgeable, highly
technical, free and open source software activists.

Topics:
=======

  This year the devroom topics will include the following fields.

   Domain          IoT, Cloud, Enterprise, Service Provider, Wireless and Cellular.
   Physical        low power, mesh, high throughput, low latency, optical, wireless
   Infrastructure  switching, routing, load balancing, translation, authentic, crypto, detection, intercept
   Tooling         libraries, frameworks, tracing, debugging, domain specific languages and extensions.
   Telemetry       counters & statistics, interference, analysis, automation.
   Validation      performance, latency, packet manipulation & fuzzing, traffic generators.
   Orchestration   management, network-layer plugins and controllers.

  This year the devroom will focus on cloud infrastructure, and the
  challenges of scaling and resiliency posed by cloud deployments - what
  does it take to build a fast and robust cloud native network? What
  does this mean in the age of edge cloud?

Suggested Projects:
===================

  A non-exhaustive representative list of the projects and topics we
  would like to see on the schedule are:

   Frameworks   DPDK, eBPF, XDP
   Switching    Snabb, OpenvSwitch, Tungsten Fabric, Lagopus, FastClick
   Stacks       Linux, *BSD, FD.io, F-Stack, DMM, mTCP, Seastar, YAStack
   Controllers  Istio/Envoy, Network Service Mesh, Neutron, CNI, Canal, ODL, ONOS, Plumgrid, OVN, Contrail
   Edge         Akraino, Openness
   Routing      FRRouting, BIRD, Netopeer, Go-BGP
   Management   ONAP, Open-O, ManageIQ, Juju, OpenBaton, Tacker, OSM, Ganglia, NetSNMP, PNDA.io
   Security     Suricata, Snort, Zeek
   Tooling      VSPerf, CSIT, TRex, Moongen, Scapy, Warp17

  Talks should be aimed at a technical audience, but should not assume
  that attendees are already familiar with your project or how it solves
  a given problem. Talk proposals may cover very specific solutions to a
  problem, or may be a higher level project overview for lesser known
  projects.

Proposals:
==========

  Proposals should be made through the FOSDEM Pentabarf submission tool.
  You do not need to create a new Pentabarf account if you already have
  one from a past year.

  https://penta.fosdem.org/submission/FOSDEM20

  Please select the "Software Defined Networking" as the *track* and
  ensure you include the following information when submitting a
  proposal:

   Section  Field                   Notes
   Person   First/Last/Public Name  Your name.
   Person   Abstract                Short bio.
   Person   Photo                   Please provide a photo.
   Event    Event Title             *This is the title of your talk* - please be descriptive to encourage attendance.
   Event    Abstract                Short abstract of one or two paragraphs.
   Event    Duration                Please indicate the length of your talk; 15 min, 30 min or 45 min

  The deadline for submissions is November 24th, 2019. FOSDEM will be
  held on the weekend of February 1-2, 2020 and the Software Defined
  Networking devroom will take place on Saturday, February 1, 2020.

  Please also join the devroom’s mailing list, which is the official
  communication channel for the devroom:

  network-devroom@lists.fosdem.org

  Web version of the CFP is here:
  http://mdr78.github.io/2019/10/07/fosdem-2020-sdn-devroom-cfp.html

Steering Committee:
===================

  Ray Kinsella
  Thomas Monjalon
  Emma Foley
  Chris Price
  Charles Eckel

* Re: [dpdk-announce] FOSDEM 2020 Software Defined Networking Devroom CFP
@ 2019-11-18 14:45   ` Ray Kinsella
From: Ray Kinsella @ 2019-11-18 14:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: fosdem, announce, vpp-dev, csit-dev

Folks,

Just a gentle reminder the CFP closes on November the 24th.

Thanks,

Ray K