DPDK CI discussions
 help / color / mirror / Atom feed
* [dpdk-ci] June 3 CI Community Meeting Minutes
@ 2021-06-03 14:21 Lincoln Lavoie
  0 siblings, 0 replies; only message in thread
From: Lincoln Lavoie @ 2021-06-03 14:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ci

[-- Attachment #1: Type: text/plain, Size: 5963 bytes --]

June 3, 2021

#######################################################
Attendees

1. Lincoln Lavoie
2. Brandon Lo
3. Aaron Conole
4. Ashley Weltz
5. Owen Hilyard
6. Thomas
7. Lijuan Tu
8. Juraj Linkes
9. David Marchand
10. Michael Santana
11. Ali Alnubani

#######################################################
Agenda

1. Performance Metric Change to Percentage
2. CI Lab Status
3. Test Development
4. Any Other Business

#######################################################
Minutes

=======================================================
Performance Metric Change to Percentage

* Patch series is still pending merge:
https://patchwork.dpdk.org/project/dts/list/?series=15990
* Blocked by: https://bugs.dpdk.org/show_bug.cgi?id=670

=======================================================
CI Lab Status

-------------------------------------------------------
UNH-IOL Community Lab

* ABI references updated to DPDK 21.05
* Fedora 33 and 34 in production
   * Fedora 33 (gcc) running meson compile, unit test, and ABI test.
   * Fedora 34 (gcc) running meson compile, unit test, and ABI test, and
clang compile. Working on adding clang for unit and abi tests.
* Ubuntu 20.04 ARM cross compile now running ABI test and meson compilation
* Currently looking into 40G Intel machine issues.
   * Issues from the last meeting have been resolved, single core
performance test is in production.
   * Stats checks disabled due to the requirement for VM images for the
test suite in newer DTS versions
   * MTU update test suite disabled due to issue of unknown origin causing
packets to appear as received without appearing as sent by the tester.
   * UNH-IOL will work with Intel to get them logged into the UNH systems
to check the issues.
* Dynamic Config DTS test case is still disabled
   *  https://bugs.dpdk.org/show_bug.cgi?id=639
   * Patch should be applied tomorrow, submitted to patchworks currently.
* Mellanox testing disabled
   * DTS seems to be sending packets out the wrong ports, flipping TX/RX
ports in code seems to fix this.  Root cause is unknown.
* Working on deploying DTS rte flow test cases
   * Lots of failures
      * For example, 36 failing, 24 passing on Intel 40G.  Many failures
here appear to be rejections of seemingly valid rules. The test case may
need to be updated with a list of supported operations per-card.
   * Will approximately double the time it takes to run functional testing.
      * This means a minimum 4 hour turn around for some of the bare-metal
system testing (including all current testing).
      * Need to add some information to the DTS working group about how
long DTS takes to run on the systems, etc.
   * One approach is to enable a periodic run of the rte_flow test case on
dpdk main, and send that report out to the rte_flow maintainers and
dev@dpdk.org.
* Unit testing failures
   * Patch to remove cycles_autotest and test_alarm test cases, because
they depend on the system load and scheduler. Waiting on a run to complete
on Github actions, posting a V3 patch.
   * Func_reentrancy_autotest also fails periodically, by failing to
allocate memory.
   * Lab is rolling out a fix for bad time-stamps on the dpdk source files
that sometimes breaks the compile.  Caused by preserving time-stamps
through the source tarball being passed into the containers.

-------------------------------------------------------
Intel Lab

* Patchwork Series https://bugs.dpdk.org/show_bug.cgi?id=718
   * Show up as a different series because the submitters changed.
   * Agreement to not try to align patch series, in these cases, follow
patchworks, i.e. don’t try to create a series outside of patchworks.
* Some of the Intel test bed is off-line (for valid reasons, i.e. debugging
or development), this can block the reporting.  They are working to
identify the root cause to fix this, so reports will still go out for test
beds that are online.

-------------------------------------------------------
Github Actions / OBS

* V3 patch out now for the updates to the load dependent unit test cases
(see above).
* Work has started on the OBS integration.  Need to finish the script that
does the reporting process (log collection, email notifications, etc.).
Likely still another few weeks before results will be fully turned on and
reporting up to patchwork.

=======================================================
CI / Test Development

* DTS Improvement
   * Discussions are progressing. Work is being tracked here:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1c5S0_mZzFvzZfYkqyORLT2-qNvUb-fBdjA6DGusy4yM/edit
   * Next Meeting: Wednesday, June 9, 2021, at 1pm UTC
* Developer Retesting Request
   * https://mails.dpdk.org/archives/ci/2021-May/001189.html
   * Seeking feedback on the “command syntax.”  Still need to implement the
tracking / mechanics for things like patches and message ID tracking.
* Community Lab Objectives
   * Q1 Update to the techboard:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1v0VKtZdsMXg35WNDawdsnqj5J4Xl9Egu_4180ukKD2o
   * Status tracking is also being partly carried out in Bugzilla.  Epics
have been created for each major objective. This will span 2021, do not
expect them to be closed quickly. Updates posted to each objective will
track story completion, etc.  This is a compromise of how to easily track
the long term objectives.
* Open Requests (outside of planned objectives)
   * Add meson syntax check testing (
https://bugs.dpdk.org/show_bug.cgi?id=696)
      * Will leave this open for now for folks to give feedback on.

=======================================================
Any Other Business

* Next Meeting, June 17, 1pm UTC

-- 
*Lincoln Lavoie*
Principal Engineer, Broadband Technologies
21 Madbury Rd., Ste. 100, Durham, NH 03824
lylavoie@iol.unh.edu
https://www.iol.unh.edu
+1-603-674-2755 (m)
<https://www.iol.unh.edu>

[-- Attachment #2: Type: text/html, Size: 7561 bytes --]

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] only message in thread

only message in thread, other threads:[~2021-06-03 14:21 UTC | newest]

Thread overview: (only message) (download: mbox.gz / follow: Atom feed)
-- links below jump to the message on this page --
2021-06-03 14:21 [dpdk-ci] June 3 CI Community Meeting Minutes Lincoln Lavoie

DPDK CI discussions

This inbox may be cloned and mirrored by anyone:

	git clone --mirror https://inbox.dpdk.org/ci/0 ci/git/0.git

	# If you have public-inbox 1.1+ installed, you may
	# initialize and index your mirror using the following commands:
	public-inbox-init -V2 ci ci/ https://inbox.dpdk.org/ci \
		ci@dpdk.org
	public-inbox-index ci

Example config snippet for mirrors.
Newsgroup available over NNTP:
	nntp://inbox.dpdk.org/inbox.dpdk.ci


AGPL code for this site: git clone https://public-inbox.org/public-inbox.git