DPDK CI discussions
 help / color / mirror / Atom feed
* [dpdk-ci] Community CI Meeting Minutes - June 2, 2020
@ 2020-06-02 16:33 Lincoln Lavoie
  0 siblings, 0 replies; only message in thread
From: Lincoln Lavoie @ 2020-06-02 16:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ci


[-- Attachment #1.1: Type: text/plain, Size: 5050 bytes --]

Attendees

   1.

   Lincoln Lavoie
   2.

   Trishan de Lanerolle
   3.

   Juraj Linkes
   4.

   Thomas Monjalon
   5.

   Aaron Conole
   6.

   Ali Alnubani
   7.

   Brandon Lo
   8.

   Daniel Kirichok
   9.

   David Liu
   10.

   Gal Cohen
   11.

   James Hendergart
   12.

   Owen Hilyard
   13.

   Ruifeng Wang
   14.

   Timothy Carlin
   15.

   Tomasz Zawadzki

Agenda

   1.

   CI Status
   2.

   Test Development
   3.

   Bugzilla Ticket Review
   4.

   Any Other Business

MinutesCI Status

   -

   Intel CI system updates
   -

      Migration work completed on June 1, 2020
      -

      @Lincoln to reach out and confirm with Intel the status and to
      participate in the meeting.
      -

   Travis CI
   -

      Seems to be working better with their recent changes, still 1 or 2
      infra failures, but better overall.
      -

   Community CI Lab
   -

      Broadcom hardware online now
      -

         Will be configured to email patchworks today.
         -

      SPDK build failures
      -

         SPDK team is going to discuss which of their branches should be
         used for the DPDK integration testing, which may help with
keeping in sync
         with the DPDK development / changes.
         -

         Point release submitted today that should fix the current failures
         being seen - 2 of the 5 systems are showing as pass now, and need to
         confirm the status of the other 3 systems.
         -

   Other build services
   -

      Comparison metrics for additional services are captured in May 19
      minutes.
      -

      Cirrus CI
      -

         Expect update for Redhat June 16 or June 30 on interns, etc.
         -

      SUSE Open Build Service
      -

         Not built for the CI purpose, rather to build packages for systems
         (RPM or deb) and make those packages available for use.
         -

         To use the system for CI type work, there would be effort needed
         to create job definitions (combination of different variables
/ build types)
         -

         OS / Arch coverage - fairly significant number of both OS and
         architectures, compared existing CI coverage
         -

         Testing Type: Does support running unit tests, but root access is
         not permitted, and could cause an issue hugepages (this would
need to be
         added by the OBS maintainers).
         -

         Output Reporting - Should be possible to match capabilities of
         existing Travis CI system
         -

         Support - Community support via IRC and email lists
         -

         The system could be made “easier” with the inclusion of package
         specs in the DPDK main repo. This should be discussed with
the tech-board,
         Thomas will add this to the next agenda.
         -

         If there is an agreement to include the spec files by the tech
         board, Juraj will help to get the OBS integrated with the CI processes.

Test Development

   -

   Development environment has been set up and developers are becoming
   familiar with the code.  Working through the first test case (MTU test
   case), and should have a patch submitted by the end of the week.
   -

   Question on the adding additional abstraction within test cases. Let’s
   put together a proposal / example to share with the DTS mailer, to get
   early feedback.
   -

   Demonstrate / report to the board mid-July status, percent complete on
   the project (number of test cases, etc.)

Bugzilla Ticket Review

   -


   https://bugs.dpdk.org/buglist.cgi?bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=CONFIRMED&bug_status=IN_PROGRESS&columnlist=product%2Ccomponent%2Cpriority%2Cbug_status%2Cassigned_to%2Cshort_desc%2Cchangeddate&component=job%20scripts&component=UNH%20infra&list_id=2663&order=priority%2Cchangeddate%20DESC&product=lab&query_format=advanced&resolution=---
   -

   New / Updated:
   -

      Bug 431 - Missing performance results in Patchwork checks, and
      possible false positives
      -

         CI scripts updated to force TRex stop (if the process is still
         there, before starting the next test).
         -

      Bug 460 - Broadcom performance testing being setup
      -

         Bare-metal hardware is now operational, just needs to be setup to
         submit results to patchworks

Any Other Business

   -

   Next meeting: June 16, 2020
   -

      Lincoln has a conflict due to the BBF meetings, can I get a volunteer
      to chair the meeting.
      -

      Bradon Lo from UNH-IOL will help take minutes and chair, along with
      James.


-- 
*Lincoln Lavoie*
Senior Engineer, Broadband Technologies
21 Madbury Rd., Ste. 100, Durham, NH 03824
lylavoie@iol.unh.edu
https://www.iol.unh.edu
+1-603-674-2755 (m)
[image: image.png]
<https://www.iol.unh.edu/>

[-- Attachment #1.2: Type: text/html, Size: 34032 bytes --]

[-- Attachment #2: image.png --]
[-- Type: image/png, Size: 12221 bytes --]

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] only message in thread

only message in thread, other threads:[~2020-06-02 16:33 UTC | newest]

Thread overview: (only message) (download: mbox.gz / follow: Atom feed)
-- links below jump to the message on this page --
2020-06-02 16:33 [dpdk-ci] Community CI Meeting Minutes - June 2, 2020 Lincoln Lavoie

DPDK CI discussions

This inbox may be cloned and mirrored by anyone:

	git clone --mirror https://inbox.dpdk.org/ci/0 ci/git/0.git

	# If you have public-inbox 1.1+ installed, you may
	# initialize and index your mirror using the following commands:
	public-inbox-init -V2 ci ci/ https://inbox.dpdk.org/ci \
		ci@dpdk.org
	public-inbox-index ci

Example config snippet for mirrors.
Newsgroup available over NNTP:
	nntp://inbox.dpdk.org/inbox.dpdk.ci


AGPL code for this site: git clone https://public-inbox.org/public-inbox.git