* [dpdk-ci] July 16, 2020 - Community CI Meeting Minutes
@ 2020-07-16 15:39 Lincoln Lavoie
0 siblings, 0 replies; only message in thread
From: Lincoln Lavoie @ 2020-07-16 15:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
[-- Attachment #1: Type: text/plain, Size: 4571 bytes --]
July 16, 2020
1. Lincoln Lavoie
2. Trishan de Lanerolle
3. Aaron Conole
4. Ali Alnubani
5. Brandon Lo
6. Daniel Kirichok
7. David Liu
8. David Marchand
9. Gal Cohen
10. Juraj Linkes
12. Owen Hilyard
13. Ruifeng Wang
14. Tomasz Zawadzki
15. Zhaoyan Chen
1. CI Status
2. Test Development
3. Any other business
* Patch in the queue for making test assert errors to show up in Travis,
where these weren’t showing any detail, etc. This should make debugging
easier, and should also help other test environments as well.
* Couple of reports are missing, issues with test API and robot. This
is being look into.
* Planning to add this to the github robot today, if this looks to be
running well, Aaron will merge the code/patch.
* Should we make an official looking build service project - Agreed this
wasn’t necessary, since it is building patch code, not final product.
* We’ll set up a new account, dedicated for the robot.
* Intel 40G removed from production - adding the DTS functional tests on
this NIC / system. Planning to add multiple tests here, then move to the
next system / NIC.
* Mellanox systems need an update of DTS / TRex (tracked as BUG-504).
System is currently running in production, scripts protect against TRex
* Broadcom 100G hardware is installed (BUG-489) as of Tuesday, being
configured for test now.
* Fixed glitch the “Make build pause”, where the bash environment
variable got cleared, caused some failures over the past weekend, more
hardcoded now, shouldn’t happen again.
* Will look into the Graphina plots, once we’re done with the Intel and
* Fixed (BUG-493) patch apply order.
* Fixed (BUG-500), caused by slow pull from DPDK repo. Added some retry
/ checks to try to prevent this.
* Completed Features
* MTU Update
* Patch 1 is merged
* Patch 2 has not been merged. Patch 2 added additional tests for
setting “bad” values through the API, etc.
* Basic Stats
* Speed Capabilities
* First part has been submitted
* Still some work to do to check reported speed capability (speed_capa)
value, that needs to be reported by testpmd (BUG-496)
* Hardware checksum
* Covered Rx cases for offload of both inner and outer values, for
multiple protocols, ec.
* submitted to DTS, not yet merged
* Multicast mac address filter -
* Development finished, not yet submitted to DTS
* RSS Key Update
* submitted to DTS, not yet merged
* Feature Tests In progress
* Tx Inner L3 and L4 Checksum
* This is the continuation of the Hardware checksum development for Tx
* Idem with Multicast Packets
* Needs clarification per Dan’s email (see community Requests below)
* DTS (General)
* Patch review is in process, expected to complete in the next two weeks.
* Is it possible to add DTS to the patchwork. Ali Alnubani is looking
into this on the existing patchwork systems, expected in the next week.
* Additional Work
* Progress toward verification of the implementation status of all of the
* We are attempting to ensure that we don’t create duplicate test cases
* Work on verifying whether test cases work on our Intel, Mellanox and
* Community Requests
* Dan’s clarification for LRO (email to email@example.com list)
* Patch review for Hardware checksum, Rx Inner L3 and L4 Checksum,
Multicast mac address filter and RSS Key Update
* High priority features to add test suites or test cases for, and which
ones have existing test suites to build upon
* Speed capabilities is waiting on https://bugs.dpdk.org/show_bug.cgi?id=496
to be resolved
* Any features that we should ignore due to lack of use or support
Any other business
* Next Call: Thursday, July 30, 2020, same time
Senior Engineer, Broadband Technologies
21 Madbury Rd., Ste. 100, Durham, NH 03824
[-- Attachment #2: Type: text/html, Size: 6043 bytes --]
^ permalink raw reply [flat|nested] only message in thread
only message in thread, other threads:[~2020-07-16 15:40 UTC | newest]
Thread overview: (only message) (download: mbox.gz / follow: Atom feed)
-- links below jump to the message on this page --
2020-07-16 15:39 [dpdk-ci] July 16, 2020 - Community CI Meeting Minutes Lincoln Lavoie
DPDK CI discussions
This inbox may be cloned and mirrored by anyone:
git clone --mirror https://inbox.dpdk.org/ci/0 ci/git/0.git
# If you have public-inbox 1.1+ installed, you may
# initialize and index your mirror using the following commands:
public-inbox-init -V2 ci ci/ https://inbox.dpdk.org/ci \
Example config snippet for mirrors.
Newsgroup available over NNTP:
AGPL code for this site: git clone https://public-inbox.org/public-inbox.git