* [dpdk-dev] Port-ids and NIC features
@ 2013-08-14  8:56 Marc Sune
From: Marc Sune @ 2013-08-14  8:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dev

Dear all,

Two quick questions:

1) Is there a way to get the features available in the NIC? In
particular, I cannot see a way to retrieve the *maximum speed* of the
card and I need to determine whether is a FE, GE or 10GE card.

2) For a certain number of NICs installed in the system and bound to the
IGB_UIO driver, is it safe to assume that the association phyisical port
<-> port_id will always be the same? Even after reboot, and regardless
of the order that are bound to the IGB_UIO driver (e.g. using
pci_unbind.py)?

Best
marc