* [dpdk-dev] Raspberry Pi
@ 2017-06-30 14:33 Michael Williams
From: Michael Williams @ 2017-06-30 14:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dev

Does DPDK support the Raspberry Pi?

* Re: [dpdk-dev] Raspberry Pi
@ 2017-06-30 15:21 ` St Leger, Jim
From: St Leger, Jim @ 2017-06-30 15:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Michael Williams, dev

Did you try it?

Have you checked out DPDK-In-A-Box?
https://store.netgate.com/DPDK-2220.aspx

Jim

-----Original Message-----
From: dev [mailto:dev-bounces@dpdk.org] On Behalf Of Michael Williams
Sent: Friday, June 30, 2017 7:34 AM
To: dev@dpdk.org
Subject: [dpdk-dev] Raspberry Pi

Does DPDK support the Raspberry Pi?

* Re: [dpdk-dev] Raspberry Pi
@ 2017-06-30 16:21   ` Michael Williams
From: Michael Williams @ 2017-06-30 16:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: St Leger, Jim, dev

Since installing DPDK is not an easy task I wanted to make sure the Raspberry Pi was a supported platform before I spent time on it. I looked at the hardware compatibility list and the Pi wasn’t on it but there were also messages talking about ARM7 and ARM8 support in DPDK so I was wondering if maybe was supported.

I also have the Netgate box.

From: Jim Thompson @ 2017-06-30 19:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Michael Williams; +Cc: St Leger, Jim, dev

Michael,

There is no PMD for RPi, so you'll have to run AF_PACKET (librte_pmd_packet) or simila via tap interfacesr.

DPDK-IN-A-BOX is designed (by Dave Hunt at Intel) to provide an easy startup and introduction to DPDK.

https://dpdksummit.com/Archive/pdf/2016USA/Day02-Session16-DaveHunt-DPDKUSASummit2016.pdf