* [dpdk-dev] DPDK techboard minutes of November 21
@ 2018-12-12 17:01 Maxime Coquelin
From: Maxime Coquelin @ 2018-12-12 17:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dev; +Cc: techboard

Meeting notes for the DPDK technical board meeting
held on 2018-11-21

Attendees:
	- Bruce Richardson
	- Ferruh Yigit
	- Hemant Agrawal
	- Konstantin Ananyev
	- Maxime Coquelin
	- Olivier Matz
	- Thomas Monjalon

0) PPC support status

  - Power 8 is not supported in DPDK v18.11, Power 9 is supported
  - Power support marked as Alpha in MAINTAINERS file
  - Need to extend HW support page to CPUs and other devices (only NICs
    for now).

1) Cleanups breaking API

  - Some cleanups are planned that breaks the API (e.g. removing "name"
    parameter from rte_malloc())
  - Such cleanups can be done in v19.02/v19.05

2) DPDK replay tool from Jonathan Ribas

  - Agreement on hosting it on dpdk.org
  - Jonathan to update headers to SPDX tags

3) DPDK & SPDK merge

  - Agreement on asking the governing board to consider it
  - Thomas to raise this subject at governing board at US summit

4) Next techboard meeting

  - It will be on December 5
  - Olivier Matz will chair it

* Re: [dpdk-dev] DPDK techboard minutes of November 21
@ 2018-12-13 18:20 ` Dumitrescu, Cristian
From: Dumitrescu, Cristian @ 2018-12-13 18:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Maxime Coquelin, dev; +Cc: techboard

Hi Techboard members,

It would be great if we could get the meeting notes in a more timely manner.

Can we also get a link to the full IRC log of the meeting as part of the meeting notes, please?

Can we also get a calendar invite posted to dev@dpdk.org a few days before each techboard meeting together with the agenda, so that interested folks can join?

Thanks,
Cristian

* Re: [dpdk-dev] [dpdk-techboard] DPDK techboard minutes of November 21
@ 2018-12-13 21:53   ` Thomas Monjalon
From: Thomas Monjalon @ 2018-12-13 21:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dumitrescu, Cristian; +Cc: techboard, Maxime Coquelin, dev

Hi,

13/12/2018 19:20, Dumitrescu, Cristian:
> Hi Techboard members,
>
> It would be great if we could get the meeting notes in a more timely manner.

Sorry, we are not good at making reports, but we try to improve.

> Can we also get a link to the full IRC log of the meeting as part of the meeting notes, please?

The meetings are not private but the way we talk together is not intended
to be published verbatim.

> Can we also get a calendar invite posted to dev@dpdk.org a few days before each techboard meeting together with the agenda, so that interested folks can join?

The meetings are every 2 weeks on Wednesday at 3pm UTC.
The date and agenda are updated here:
	https://annuel.framapad.org/p/r.0c3cc4d1e011214183872a98f6b5c7db