* [dpdk-dev] DPDK Release Status Meeting 17/12/2020
@ 2020-12-17 11:36 Ferruh Yigit
0 siblings, 0 replies; only message in thread
From: Ferruh Yigit @ 2020-12-17 11:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
To: dev; +Cc: Thomas Monjalon
Meeting minutes of 17 December 2020
* Release Dates
* Red Hat
* v21.02 dates
* Proposal/V1: Sunday, 20 December 2020
* -rc1: Friday, 15 January 2021
* Release: Friday, 5 February 2021
* Please send roadmaps, preferably before beginning of the release
* Thanks to NTT, Huawei hns3, Intel, Red Hat, Marvell, Broadcom
for sending roadmap
* Next two meetings will be cancelled due to holidays. Happy holidays all.
* Nothing major at this stage
* Tools patches and several windows patches
* Not high volume, some patches reviewed/merged
* Bonding patch cleanup with help of Connor
* What is the status of the Intel packet mirror patch?
* Not too many patches in this release, there are two sets in the backlog
* app: add multi process crypto application
* This was good to test some APIs
* Patch from previous release, not updated
* compress PMD from mlx5
* enqueue & dequeue callbacks
* from previous release
* There were some warnings, new version expected
* No patches in the backlog
* There is DLB consolidation in the roadmap, waiting for it
* Small series only, no big backlog
* Working on virtio rework
* Some sets sent, waiting for more
* A few patches in the backlog and expecting a few more
* Some big sets in the backlog, a few small ones merged
* There are armada patches, will be reviewed
* meson musdk pkg-config update will go in to next-net
* v19.11.6-rc1 is out, please test
* Waiting for test reports, some already received
* There are some regression reported by Intel, and suggested fix is causing
* Release was planned for today but it is postponed one day while waiting
update on above issues
* v18.11.11 work is going on
* waiting for backports, request emails sent
* Good response from accumulated waiting patches for backport
* Planning to release the -rc today
* DPDK v20.11 is integrated for the coming 2.15 release
* Asaf shared a draft release process documentation
* Not ready yet for sending as patch
* Security (CVE) process
* There is an effort in Intel to find more resources for it
* Inactive maintainers
* There are some names listed in the maintainers file but they are not active
anymore, removing their name can help filling those positions.
* What is the time taken as inactive?
* No interaction in the mail list for 3 releases?
* If missing response is blocking a component, it can be taken as
inactive without waiting 3 releases.
* It is hard to fill a maintainer position if it is for a vendor driver
* Should common code and vendor PMDs be treated differently on this?
* Should we mark PMDs without active maintainer as 'unmaintained'?
DPDK Release Status Meetings
The DPDK Release Status Meeting is intended for DPDK Committers to discuss the
status of the master tree and sub-trees, and for project managers to track
progress or milestone dates.
The meeting occurs on every Thursdays at 8:30 UTC. on https://meet.jit.si/DPDK
If you wish to attend just send an email to
"John McNamara <email@example.com>" for the invite.
^ permalink raw reply [flat|nested] only message in thread
only message in thread, other threads:[~2020-12-17 11:36 UTC | newest]
Thread overview: (only message) (download: mbox.gz / follow: Atom feed)
-- links below jump to the message on this page --
2020-12-17 11:36 [dpdk-dev] DPDK Release Status Meeting 17/12/2020 Ferruh Yigit
DPDK patches and discussions
This inbox may be cloned and mirrored by anyone:
git clone --mirror https://inbox.dpdk.org/dev/0 dev/git/0.git
# If you have public-inbox 1.1+ installed, you may
# initialize and index your mirror using the following commands:
public-inbox-init -V2 dev dev/ https://inbox.dpdk.org/dev \
Example config snippet for mirrors.
Newsgroup available over NNTP:
AGPL code for this site: git clone https://public-inbox.org/public-inbox.git