* [dpdk-dev] [question] DPDK-2.0 support broadcom driver
@ 2014-12-03  1:48 Zhang Haoyu
From: Zhang Haoyu @ 2014-12-03  1:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dev

Hi,

I see that broadcom driver will be supported in DPDK-2.0 from
DPDK roadmap(http://dpdk.org/dev/roadmap),
any details about the progress?

And, is there a plane for supporting emulex driver?

Thanks,
Zhang Haoyu

* Re: [dpdk-dev] [question] DPDK-2.0 support broadcom driver
@ 2014-12-03 18:04 ` Stephen Hemminger
From: Stephen Hemminger @ 2014-12-03 18:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Zhang Haoyu; +Cc: dev

On Wed, 3 Dec 2014 09:48:57 +0800
"Zhang Haoyu" <zhanghy@sangfor.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I see that broadcom driver will be supported in DPDK-2.0 from
> DPDK roadmap(http://dpdk.org/dev/roadmap),
> any details about the progress?
>
> And, is there a plane for supporting emulex driver?
>
> Thanks,
> Zhang Haoyu

I have patch, just too big for mailing list.

* Re: [dpdk-dev] [question] DPDK-2.0 support broadcom driver
@ 2014-12-03 18:19   ` Thomas Monjalon
From: Thomas Monjalon @ 2014-12-03 18:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Zhang Haoyu; +Cc: dev

2014-12-03 10:04, Stephen Hemminger:
> On Wed, 3 Dec 2014 09:48:57 +0800
> "Zhang Haoyu" <zhanghy@sangfor.com> wrote:
> > I see that broadcom driver will be supported in DPDK-2.0 from
> > DPDK roadmap(http://dpdk.org/dev/roadmap),
> > any details about the progress?
>
> I have patch, just too big for mailing list.

Yes, a repository to maintain this broadcom driver should be open soon.
The goal is to merge it in DPDK 2.0 and to maintain it in a sub-repository
with a "pull request" model.

By the way, the sub-repository model will be also applied to i40e and to any
other driver having a maintainer who requests it.

--
Thomas

* Re: [dpdk-dev] [question] DPDK-2.0 support broadcom driver
@ 2014-12-04  2:58     ` Qiu, Michael
From: Qiu, Michael @ 2014-12-04  2:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Thomas Monjalon, Zhang Haoyu; +Cc: dev

On 12/4/2014 3:18 AM, Thomas Monjalon wrote:
> 2014-12-03 10:04, Stephen Hemminger:
>> On Wed, 3 Dec 2014 09:48:57 +0800
>> "Zhang Haoyu" <zhanghy@sangfor.com> wrote:
>>> I see that broadcom driver will be supported in DPDK-2.0 from
>>> DPDK roadmap(http://dpdk.org/dev/roadmap),
>>> any details about the progress?
>> I have patch, just too big for mailing list.
> Yes, a repository to maintain this broadcom driver should be open soon.
> The goal is to merge it in DPDK 2.0 and to maintain it in a sub-repository
> with a "pull request" model.
>
> By the way, the sub-repository model will be also applied to i40e and to any
> other driver having a maintainer who requests it.

This is cool,  "pull request" model will be much more efficient for DPDK.

Then we would have a maintainer list.

Thanks,
Michael