* [dpdk-dev] Question about patchset order.
@ 2016-02-23 16:17 Kobylinski, MichalX
From: Kobylinski, MichalX @ 2016-02-23 16:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: thomas.monjalon; +Cc: dev

Hi Thomas,
I sent in January a patch-set that extends to 24 bits a next_hop field in lpm library:
http://dpdk.org/dev/patchwork/patch/10249/
http://dpdk.org/dev/patchwork/patch/10250/

also Jerin Jakob sent his patch-set with ARM architecture support in lpm library.
http://dpdk.org/dev/patchwork/patch/10478/
http://dpdk.org/dev/patchwork/patch/10479/
http://dpdk.org/dev/patchwork/patch/10480/

Could you write please, in which order do you prefer to apply these two patch-sets?
This information will be helpful to predict the risk and estimate additional work.

* Re: [dpdk-dev] Question about patchset order.
@ 2016-02-23 17:34 ` Thomas Monjalon
From: Thomas Monjalon @ 2016-02-23 17:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kobylinski, MichalX, bruce.richardson; +Cc: dev

2016-02-23 16:17, Kobylinski, MichalX:
> Hi Thomas,
> I sent in January a patch-set that extends to 24 bits a next_hop field in lpm library:
> http://dpdk.org/dev/patchwork/patch/10249/
> http://dpdk.org/dev/patchwork/patch/10250/
>
> also Jerin Jakob sent his patch-set with ARM architecture support in lpm library.
> http://dpdk.org/dev/patchwork/patch/10478/
> http://dpdk.org/dev/patchwork/patch/10479/
> http://dpdk.org/dev/patchwork/patch/10480/
>
> Could you write please, in which order do you prefer to apply these two patch-sets?
> This information will be helpful to predict the risk and estimate additional work.

Thanks for bringing up the LPM patches.
I would prefer to follow the advice of Bruce who has well followed
these interactions.

* Re: [dpdk-dev] Question about patchset order.
@ 2016-03-02  0:07   ` Bruce Richardson
From: Bruce Richardson @ 2016-03-02  0:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Thomas Monjalon; +Cc: dev

On Tue, Feb 23, 2016 at 06:34:38PM +0100, Thomas Monjalon wrote:
> 2016-02-23 16:17, Kobylinski, MichalX:
> > Hi Thomas,
> > I sent in January a patch-set that extends to 24 bits a next_hop field in lpm library:
> > http://dpdk.org/dev/patchwork/patch/10249/
> > http://dpdk.org/dev/patchwork/patch/10250/
> >
> > also Jerin Jakob sent his patch-set with ARM architecture support in lpm library.
> > http://dpdk.org/dev/patchwork/patch/10478/
> > http://dpdk.org/dev/patchwork/patch/10479/
> > http://dpdk.org/dev/patchwork/patch/10480/
> >
> > Could you write please, in which order do you prefer to apply these two patch-sets?
> > This information will be helpful to predict the risk and estimate additional work.
>
> Thanks for bringing up the LPM patches.
> I would prefer to follow the advice of Bruce who has well followed
> these interactions.

Hi all,

sorry, but I haven't been following the discussion as closely of late as
previously, hence the slow reply.

For what goes first, generally the more complex/bigger patchset should be merged
first, so I think the expansion of the next_hop field should therefore go in
first. Jerin's patches will then need to be rebased on it.

Regards,
/Bruce