* [dpdk-dev] Patches outstanding
@ 2015-02-17 15:35 Stephen Hemminger
From: Stephen Hemminger @ 2015-02-17 15:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Thomas Monjalon; +Cc: dev

There are currently 1039 patches outstanding on DPDK.
What is the schedule for getting these merged or resolved?
I don't think it would be reasonable to declare 2.0 as done
until the patch backlog is 0!

* Re: [dpdk-dev] Patches outstanding
@ 2015-02-17 15:59 ` Thomas Monjalon
From: Thomas Monjalon @ 2015-02-17 15:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stephen Hemminger; +Cc: dev

2015-02-17 10:35, Stephen Hemminger:
> There are currently 1039 patches outstanding on DPDK.
> What is the schedule for getting these merged or resolved?

Several patches are ready to be applied in coming days.
Many patches are still waiting for closing discussions.

> I don't think it would be reasonable to declare 2.0 as done
> until the patch backlog is 0!

The target is to integrate features in next days and make a rc1.
Then we will have 5 weeks to fix and clean before the release.

If some patches have not reached a consensus at the proper time,
they could stay in the backlog.

* Re: [dpdk-dev] Patches outstanding
@ 2015-02-19 13:08 ` Neil Horman
From: Neil Horman @ 2015-02-19 13:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stephen Hemminger; +Cc: dev

On Tue, Feb 17, 2015 at 10:35:07AM -0500, Stephen Hemminger wrote:
> There are currently 1039 patches outstanding on DPDK.
> What is the schedule for getting these merged or resolved?
> I don't think it would be reasonable to declare 2.0 as done
> until the patch backlog is 0!

I think the subtrees were supposed to start biting into this, but I don't see
them getting used yet.
Neil

* Re: [dpdk-dev] Patches outstanding
@ 2015-02-19 13:46   ` Thomas Monjalon
From: Thomas Monjalon @ 2015-02-19 13:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Neil Horman; +Cc: dev, Stephen Hemminger

2015-02-19 08:08, Neil Horman:
> On Tue, Feb 17, 2015 at 10:35:07AM -0500, Stephen Hemminger wrote:
> > There are currently 1039 patches outstanding on DPDK.
> > What is the schedule for getting these merged or resolved?
> > I don't think it would be reasonable to declare 2.0 as done
> > until the patch backlog is 0!
> >

> I think the subtrees were supposed to start biting into this, but I don't see
> them getting used yet.

Yes
Actually the main problem is still on reviews.
There are more good reviews in this cycle.
But some patchset are not reviewed and some others are acked
without being carefully reviewed.

* Re: [dpdk-dev] Patches outstanding
@ 2015-02-19 15:15     ` O'driscoll, Tim
From: O'driscoll, Tim @ 2015-02-19 15:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
> > On Tue, Feb 17, 2015 at 10:35:07AM -0500, Stephen Hemminger wrote:
> > > There are currently 1039 patches outstanding on DPDK.
> > > What is the schedule for getting these merged or resolved?
> > > I don't think it would be reasonable to declare 2.0 as done
> > > until the patch backlog is 0!
> > >

> > I think the subtrees were supposed to start biting into this, but I don't see
> > them getting used yet.
>
> Yes
> Actually the main problem is still on reviews.
> There are more good reviews in this cycle.
> But some patchset are not reviewed and some others are acked
> without being carefully reviewed.

Progress on reviews has been a little slow on our side. One of the reasons for this is that our PRC team are on their new year holidays at the moment, so we're a little short staffed. They return to the office in the middle of next week, after which we'll be back to full strength.

We do agree with Thomas on the need for thorough reviews. We're working on this, so you should see more reviews/acknowledgements soon.

Tim