On 5/31/22 00:46, Thomas Monjalon wrote: > We were waiting for a v2 of this patch. Hey Thomas, Thank you for the comments. Yes, I'll send v2. > More comments below. I'll update the patch in v2 accordingly. > > 07/04/2022 07:30, Xiaoyu Min: >> The data-path focused flow rule management can manage flow rules in more >> optimized way then tranditional one by using hits provided by > hits -> hints > >> application in initialization phase. >> >> In addition to the current hints we have in port attr, more hints could >> be proivded by application about it's behaviour. > it's -> its > >> One example is how the application do with the same flow: > flow -> flow rule ? > >> A. create/destroy flow on same queue but query flow on different queue >> or queue-less way (i.e, counter query) >> B. All flow operations will be exactly on the same queue, by which PMD >> could be in more optimized way then A because resource could be >> isolated and access based on queue, without lock for example. >> >> This patch add flag about above situation and could be extanded to cover > extended > >> more situations. >> >> Signed-off-by: Xiaoyu Min >> --- >> +/** >> + * The flags of rte flow port >> + */ >> +enum rte_flow_port_flag { > Don't use enum for bit flags. > >> + /** >> + * All flow operations for one specified flow will _strictlly_ happen > I guess you mean "for a given flow rule" > > strictlly -> _strictly_ > > >