* [dpdk-dev] Writing a new driver
@ 2014-06-13 16:08 Joubert Berger
From: Joubert Berger @ 2014-06-13 16:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dev

I am looking at writing a new driver for DPDK for a NIC that is currently
not supported.  What is the best way to start this?  Is the a porting
guide?  Or should I look at existing drivers as examples?

--joubert

* Re: [dpdk-dev] Writing a new driver
@ 2014-06-16 18:34 ` Patrick Mahan
From: Patrick Mahan @ 2014-06-16 18:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Joubert Berger; +Cc: dev

Joubert,

By all means, look at the existing PMDs.  It also helps if you have an existing kernel driver to use/modify (preferably BSD based). That way you can have a baseline to compare against.

At least, that is method I used.

Patrick