* [dpdk-dev] dpdk kni ping answer
@ 2015-03-23 12:07 Yaron Illouz
From: Yaron Illouz @ 2015-03-23 12:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dev, dev

Hi

I want to give an ip to a dpdk port, because I need to receive traffic
by gre replication.

I though I could do it with dpdk kni
(http://dpdk.org/doc/guides/prog_guide/kernel_nic_interface.html)

I am able to give an ip to interface vEth0, but I can't ping or ssh to
the ip address.

I set the ip with the following command: ifconfig vEth0 192.168.69.4
netmask 255.255.255.0 up

Is this something possible to do with dpdk kni?

If not, what could be another solution for this.

Regards

* Re: [dpdk-dev] dpdk kni ping answer
@ 2015-03-24  9:24 ` Yaron Illouz
From: Yaron Illouz @ 2015-03-24  9:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dev, dev

The source of my problem seems to be that Ethtool is not supported in
VMs (VF).

Is there another solution to give an ip to a dpdk port?