* [dpdk-dev] patchwork for dpdk.org?
@ 2014-03-18 20:58 Stephen Hemminger
From: Stephen Hemminger @ 2014-03-18 20:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dev

Anybody considered setting up patchwork to track patches on this list?

If not familiar, patchwork is a back end which maintainers and developers
can keep track of patches submitted and make sure of the status (accepted, rejected, review, etc).

* Re: [dpdk-dev] patchwork for dpdk.org?
@ 2014-03-18 21:31 ` Kyle Mestery
From: Kyle Mestery @ 2014-03-18 21:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stephen Hemminger; +Cc: dev

On Tue, Mar 18, 2014 at 3:58 PM, Stephen Hemminger <
stephen@networkplumber.org> wrote:

> Anybody considered setting up patchwork to track patches on this list?
>
> If not familiar, patchwork is a back end which maintainers and developers
> can keep track of patches submitted and make sure of the status (accepted,
> rejected, review, etc).

+1 for patchwork.

In lieu of a more full-fledged CI/CD setup with Gerrit/Jenkins, patchwork
is pretty nice.

* Re: [dpdk-dev] patchwork for dpdk.org?
@ 2014-03-19 10:28   ` Thomas Monjalon
From: Thomas Monjalon @ 2014-03-19 10:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dev

18/03/2014 16:31, Kyle Mestery:
> stephen@networkplumber.org wrote:
> > Anybody considered setting up patchwork to track patches on this list?
> >
> > If not familiar, patchwork is a back end which maintainers and developers
> > can keep track of patches submitted and make sure of the status (accepted,
> > rejected, review, etc).
>
> +1 for patchwork.

I agree. Installing patchwork on dpdk.org is planned.

I wasn't available last weeks so I'm starting to review the recent patches.
By the way, it's good news that we now need such tools to manage
contributions.
--
Thomas

* Re: [dpdk-dev] patchwork for dpdk.org?
@ 2014-03-24 16:05     ` Thomas Monjalon
From: Thomas Monjalon @ 2014-03-24 16:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dev

19/03/2014 11:28, Thomas Monjalon:
> 18/03/2014 16:31, Kyle Mestery:
> > stephen@networkplumber.org wrote:
> > > Anybody considered setting up patchwork to track patches on this list?
> > >
> > > If not familiar, patchwork is a back end which maintainers and
> > > developers
> > > can keep track of patches submitted and make sure of the status
> > > (accepted,
> > > rejected, review, etc).
> >
> > +1 for patchwork.
>
> I agree. Installing patchwork on dpdk.org is planned.

It seems that patchwork is only tested with Apache.
But dpdk.org uses nginx.
If someone has experience with such configuration, feedbacks are welcome.

--
Thomas