* [dpdk-dev] hardware neutral driver for DPDK
@ 2014-03-06 21:25 Neil Horman
From: Neil Horman @ 2014-03-06 21:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dev; +Cc: linville

Hey there-
	I'm interested in doing some work on the DPDK, specifically in creating
a driver backend that interfaces to the kernel using AF_PACKET rather than a
specific card for which a UIO or VFIO driver is available in kernel.  I think it
would be nice for the DPDK to have a hardware agnostic driver for development
purposes.  Before I begin I wanted to make sure that something like this hasn't
already been done. I don't see any clear reference to one in the git repo, but I
figured I'd ask just to be sure there wasn't some external project in the works
already.

Thanks & Regards
Neil

* Re: [dpdk-dev] hardware neutral driver for DPDK
@ 2014-03-06 21:26 ` Vincent JARDIN
From: Vincent JARDIN @ 2014-03-06 21:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dev

librte_pmd_pcap
   http://dpdk.org/browse/dpdk/tree/lib/librte_pmd_pcap

@ 2014-03-06 21:39   ` Neil Horman
From: Neil Horman @ 2014-03-06 21:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Vincent JARDIN; +Cc: dev

On Thu, Mar 06, 2014 at 10:26:21PM +0100, Vincent JARDIN wrote:
> librte_pmd_pcap
>   http://dpdk.org/browse/dpdk/tree/lib/librte_pmd_pcap

Perfect, thanks!
Neil