* [dpdk-dev] compiling with specific kernel headers
@ 2014-04-28 10:35 Samuel Monderer
From: Samuel Monderer @ 2014-04-28 10:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dev

Hi,

The target machine has a different kernel version than the one my Desktop.
I do have the appropriate kernel headers installed on my desktop.
Is there a parameter I can pass to make to tell him which headers to use?

Samuel

* Re: [dpdk-dev] compiling with specific kernel headers
@ 2014-04-28 11:07 ` Richardson, Bruce
From: Richardson, Bruce @ 2014-04-28 11:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
> The target machine has a different kernel version than the one my Desktop.
> I do have the appropriate kernel headers installed on my desktop.
> Is there a parameter I can pass to make to tell him which headers to use?
>
> Samuel

Hi,

The "RTE_KERNELDIR" environment variable should be what you are looking for. It's described in section 26.3.3 of the Intel DPDK Programmers Guide doc. [http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/intelligent-systems/intel-technology/intel-dpdk-programmers-guide.html]

Regards,
/Bruce

* Re: [dpdk-dev] compiling with specific kernel headers
@ 2014-04-28 14:35 ` Aaro Koskinen
From: Aaro Koskinen @ 2014-04-28 14:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Samuel Monderer; +Cc: dev

Hi,

On Mon, Apr 28, 2014 at 10:35:53AM +0000, Samuel Monderer wrote:
> The target machine has a different kernel version than the one my Desktop.
> I do have the appropriate kernel headers installed on my desktop.
> Is there a parameter I can pass to make to tell him which headers to use?

Please check the documentation:

	doc/build-sdk-quick.txt:        RTE_KERNELDIR    linux headers path

A.