* [dpdk-dev] IMPORTANT: feature freeze for version 1.7.0
@ 2014-05-30 13:11 Thomas Monjalon
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Thomas Monjalon @ 2014-05-30 13:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dev

Hello all,

We have a lot of new features mostly ready for DPDK 1.7.0.
It's now time to be sure that they are well reviewed and integrated.
Then release candidate should be tagged in mid-June in order to have some
validation tests before end of June (planned released date).

So requests for integration of features which have not yet been sent will be
delayed to next version. Only reworks or small fixes of pending patches should
be accepted.

A new branch "rebased-next" will be created for patches which are reviewed and
waiting next version. This branch will be regularly rebased on master HEAD.

Being currently on vacation, I won't be very active until Monday, 9th.
During this time, I'd like to see some reviews/acknowledgements for these
patches:
- socket id detection fallback
	http://dpdk.org/ml/archives/dev/2014-April/001987.html
- fix rte_free run time in O(n) free blocks
	http://dpdk.org/ml/archives/dev/2014-May/002296.html
- fix mbuf corruption in pcap_tx
	http://dpdk.org/ml/archives/dev/2014-May/002919.html
- igb_uio fixes
	http://dpdk.org/ml/archives/dev/2014-May/002428.html
- vfio
	http://dpdk.org/ml/archives/dev/2014-May/002914.html
- ethernet enhancements
	http://dpdk.org/ml/archives/dev/2014-May/002436.html
- splitted statistics
	http://dpdk.org/ml/archives/dev/2014-May/002707.html
- mtu/flow control
	http://dpdk.org/ml/archives/dev/2014-May/002752.html
- link up/down
	http://dpdk.org/ml/archives/dev/2014-May/002660.html
- Tx rate limitation
	http://dpdk.org/ml/archives/dev/2014-May/002696.html
- lpm optimization
	http://dpdk.org/ml/archives/dev/2014-May/002703.html
- generic filter
	http://dpdk.org/ml/archives/dev/2014-May/002740.html
	http://dpdk.org/ml/archives/dev/2014-May/002577.html
- ip_frag
	http://dpdk.org/ml/archives/dev/2014-May/002930.html
- distributor
	http://dpdk.org/ml/archives/dev/2014-May/002598.html
- link bonding
	http://dpdk.org/ml/archives/dev/2014-May/002922.html
- acl
	http://dpdk.org/ml/archives/dev/2014-May/002945.html
- packet framework
	http://dpdk.org/ml/archives/dev/2014-May/002820.html

Thanks for your participation
--
Thomas

* Re: [dpdk-dev] IMPORTANT: feature freeze for version 1.7.0
@ 2014-06-01 14:26 ` Ouyang, Changchun
From: Ouyang, Changchun @ 2014-06-01 14:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Thomas Monjalon, dev

Hi Thomas,
For the item "the link up/down",
Its subject is changed from "Support administrative link up and link down"
into "Support setting link up and link down" according to Ivan's comments.

And the v2 patch for it is also be acked by Ivan, please see the attachment.

Wish you have a happy vacation! :-)

Thanks very much and best regards,
Changchun

@ 2014-06-02 13:45 ` Dumitrescu, Cristian
From: Dumitrescu, Cristian @ 2014-06-02 13:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Thomas Monjalon, dev

Hi Thomas,

I am getting emails from people asking about Intel DPDK docs update for Packet Framework.

Is there a way to upload documents to dpdk.org to make them available for review?

We have Packet Framework updates to Programmer's Guide and Sample App Guide (MS Word with lots of tables and diagrams), and it would probably be very beneficial to people reviewing the code to have access to these docs as well, as opposed to getting the code now and the docs later once release is done.

Thanks,
Cristian

[...]

Intel Shannon Limited
Registered in Ireland
Registered Number: 308263
Business address: Dromore House, East Park, Shannon, Co. Clare

* Re: [dpdk-dev] IMPORTANT: feature freeze for version 1.7.0
@ 2014-06-02 15:04   ` Neil Horman
From: Neil Horman @ 2014-06-02 15:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dumitrescu, Cristian; +Cc: dev

On Mon, Jun 02, 2014 at 01:45:57PM +0000, Dumitrescu, Cristian wrote:
> Hi Thomas,
>
> I am getting emails from people asking about Intel DPDK docs update for Packet Framework.
>
> Is there a way to upload documents to dpdk.org to make them available for review?
>
> We have Packet Framework updates to Programmer's Guide and Sample App Guide (MS Word with lots of tables and diagrams), and it would probably be very beneficial to people reviewing the code to have access to these docs as well, as opposed to getting the code now and the docs later once release is done.

it would be great if you could convert them to html with embedded svg.  Then you
could just add them into the git tree and track their changes

Neil

@ 2014-06-09  5:54 ` Cao, Waterman
From: Cao, Waterman @ 2014-06-09  5:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
>We have a lot of new features mostly ready for DPDK 1.7.0.
>It's now time to be sure that they are well reviewed and integrated.
>Then release candidate should be tagged in mid-June in order to have some validation tests before end of June (planned released date).
>
>So requests for integration of features which have not yet been sent will be delayed to next version. Only reworks or small fixes of pending patches should be accepted.
>
>A new branch "rebased-next" will be created for patches which are reviewed and waiting next version. This branch will be regularly rebased on master HEAD.
>
>Being currently on vacation, I won't be very active until Monday, 9th.
>During this time, I'd like to see some reviews/acknowledgements for these
>patches:
>- socket id detection fallback
>	http://dpdk.org/ml/archives/dev/2014-April/001987.html
>- fix rte_free run time in O(n) free blocks
>	http://dpdk.org/ml/archives/dev/2014-May/002296.html
>- fix mbuf corruption in pcap_tx
>	http://dpdk.org/ml/archives/dev/2014-May/002919.html
>- igb_uio fixes
>	http://dpdk.org/ml/archives/dev/2014-May/002428.html
>- vfio
>	http://dpdk.org/ml/archives/dev/2014-May/002914.html
>- ethernet enhancements
>	http://dpdk.org/ml/archives/dev/2014-May/002436.html
>- splitted statistics
>	http://dpdk.org/ml/archives/dev/2014-May/002707.html
>- mtu/flow control
>	http://dpdk.org/ml/archives/dev/2014-May/002752.html
>- link up/down
>	http://dpdk.org/ml/archives/dev/2014-May/002660.html
>- Tx rate limitation
>	http://dpdk.org/ml/archives/dev/2014-May/002696.html
>- lpm optimization
>	http://dpdk.org/ml/archives/dev/2014-May/002703.html
>- generic filter
>	http://dpdk.org/ml/archives/dev/2014-May/002740.html
>	http://dpdk.org/ml/archives/dev/2014-May/002577.html
>- ip_frag
>	http://dpdk.org/ml/archives/dev/2014-May/002930.html
>- distributor
>	http://dpdk.org/ml/archives/dev/2014-May/002598.html
>- link bonding
>	http://dpdk.org/ml/archives/dev/2014-May/002922.html
>- acl
>	http://dpdk.org/ml/archives/dev/2014-May/002945.html
>- packet framework
>	http://dpdk.org/ml/archives/dev/2014-May/002820.html
>
>Thanks for your participation
>--
>Thomas

Hi Thomas,

  Just Let you know that we have tested the following patches for R1.7 base on DPDK.org.
  They already passed our testing.
  You can find our tested-by message from the URL.
  If you want to know details , please let me know.

  Thanks
Waterman

- Generic NIC Filter
   Patch URL    : http://dpdk.org/ml/archives/dev/2014-May/002740.html
   Tested-by URL : http://www.dpdk.org/ml/archives/dev/2014-June/003039.html

- Fortville
   Patch URL    : http://www.dpdk.org/ml/archives/dev/2014-June/003088.html
   Tested-by URL : http://www.dpdk.org/ml/archives/dev/2014-June/003088.html

- Packet Framework
   Patch URL    : http://dpdk.org/ml/archives/dev/2014-May/002820.html
                 http://dpdk.org/ml/archives/dev/2014-June/003059.html
   Tested-by URL : http://www.dpdk.org/ml/archives/dev/2014-June/003122.html

- Virtio-Net Zero-Copy
   Patch URL    : http://dpdk.org/ml/archives/dev/2014-May/002588.html
   Tested-by URL : http://dpdk.org/ml/archives/dev/2014-May/002588.html

- Virtio-Net Multi-queue
   Patch URL    : http://dpdk.org/ml/archives/dev/2014-May/002958.html
   Tested-by URL : http://dpdk.org/ml/archives/dev/2014-May/002957.html

- Upgrade Latest ND Drivers
   Patch URL    : http://dpdk.org/ml/archives/dev/2014-May/002447.html
   Tested-by URL : http://www.dpdk.org/ml/archives/dev/2014-June/003044.html

- Packet Distributor
   Patch URL    : http://www.dpdk.org/ml/archives/dev/2014-May/002967.html
   Tested-by URL : http://www.dpdk.org/ml/archives/dev/2014-June/003084.html

- IPv6 Fragmentation & reassembly
   Patch URL    : http://dpdk.org/ml/archives/dev/2014-May/002940.html
   Tested-by URL : http://www.dpdk.org/ml/archives/dev/2014-June/003162.html

- Link Bonding
   Patch URL    : http://www.dpdk.org/ml/archives/dev/2014-June/003051.html
   Tested-by URL : http://dpdk.org/ml/archives/dev/2014-June/003143.html

- 10G PMD: vectorized RX and TX functions
   Patch URL    : http://dpdk.org/ml/archives/dev/2014-May/002348.html
   Tested-by URL : http://www.dpdk.org/ml/archives/dev/2014-June/003147.html

-  ACL
   Patch URL    : http://dpdk.org/ml/archives/dev/2014-May/002945.html