* [dpdk-dev] is there any function like rte_mempool_destroy compare with rte_mempool_create
@ 2014-08-27  7:46 Ni, Xun
From: Ni, Xun @ 2014-08-27  7:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dev

Hello, folks:

  I only see the rte_mempool_create but without function like rte_mempool_destroy? If I run an application twice, is there possible that the app has the memory leak? Or it just doesn't have enough memory to execute it again because the first one already get most of the memory but without release it.

Thanks,
Xun

* Re: [dpdk-dev] is there any function like rte_mempool_destroy compare with rte_mempool_create
@ 2014-08-27  8:14 ` Matthew Hall
From: Matthew Hall @ 2014-08-27  8:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ni, Xun; +Cc: dev

On Wed, Aug 27, 2014 at 07:46:26AM +0000, Ni, Xun wrote:
> If I run an application twice, is there possible that
> the app has the memory leak? Or it just doesn't have enough memory to
> execute it again because the first one already get most of the memory but
> without release it.

User-mapped memory should be freed by the kernel when the process dies.

However if there is multiprocess, shmem, or kernel resources being used in
your configuration anything could happen, including leaks.

Do you have some specifics about what you were doing / running?

Matthew.