* [dpdk-dev] DPDK 1.7 crashes on table initialization
@ 2014-09-23  9:07 Saha, Avik (AWS)
From: Saha, Avik (AWS) @ 2014-09-23  9:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dev

Hey guys
   My DPDK application is crashing on a table creation when I specify .action_data_size as greater than 0. I could not find the constraints on this field in documentation (multiple of 4 or something). Could someone please give some guidance on this issue.

Thanks
Avik

* Re: [dpdk-dev] DPDK 1.7 crashes on table initialization
@ 2014-09-23 10:21 ` Neil Horman
From: Neil Horman @ 2014-09-23 10:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Saha, Avik (AWS); +Cc: dev

On Tue, Sep 23, 2014 at 09:07:55AM +0000, Saha, Avik (AWS) wrote:
> Hey guys
>    My DPDK application is crashing on a table creation when I specify .action_data_size as greater than 0. I could not find the constraints on this field in documentation (multiple of 4 or something). Could someone please give some guidance on this issue.

Post the backtrace when the error occurs?
Neil

@ 2014-09-24  9:37   ` Saha, Avik (AWS)
From: Saha, Avik (AWS) @ 2014-09-24  9:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Neil Horman; +Cc: dev

I am not getting a useful core -
I just get the error message  -PIPELINE: rte_pipeline_table_create: Table creation failed on the command line

So I played around with the action_data_size and for some reason, the application comes up fine if it I specify it as sizeof(struct rtre_pipeline_table_entry).  Sorry I do not have any more detail but is there any way I can debug this?

Avik

@ 2014-09-24 10:08     ` Neil Horman
From: Neil Horman @ 2014-09-24 10:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Saha, Avik (AWS); +Cc: dev

On Wed, Sep 24, 2014 at 09:37:07AM +0000, Saha, Avik (AWS) wrote:
> I am not getting a useful core -
> I just get the error message  -PIPELINE: rte_pipeline_table_create: Table creation failed on the command line
>
> So I played around with the action_data_size and for some reason, the application comes up fine if it I specify it as sizeof(struct rtre_pipeline_table_entry).  Sorry I do not have any more detail but is there any way I can debug this?
>
> Avik

Attach GDB to it then and break on that error log call.  Then we can see what
the f_create method is pointing too and figure out what type of table create is
failing.
Neil