* [dpdk-dev] ixgbe_recv_pkts, ixgbe_recv_pkts_bulk_alloc. what is difference?
@ 2014-10-22 14:18 GyuminHwang
From: GyuminHwang @ 2014-10-22 14:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dev

Hi all

I have several questions about ixgbe_rxtx.c especially Tx and Rx function.
What is the difference between ixgbe_recv_pkts and
ixgbe_recv_pkts_bulk_alloc? I already know the earlier function is
non-bulk function and the later function is bulk function. But I want to
know is the mechanism of these two functions, and the role of H/W ring
and S/W ring in each function.