From: Bruce Richardson <bruce.richardson@intel.com>
To: Neil Horman <nhorman@tuxdriver.com>
Cc: "<dev@dpdk.org>" <dev@dpdk.org>
Subject: Re: [dpdk-dev] compile dpdk with no avx
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2014 16:16:12 +0000	[thread overview]

On Wed, Nov 12, 2014 at 10:23:49AM -0500, Neil Horman wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 12, 2014 at 02:24:10PM +0000, De Lara Guarch, Pablo wrote:

Hi Neil,

those commits only fix the cases where we compile the code generically, and have
specific runtime code paths. However, when compiling for a native target the
compiler will freely use AVX instructions when it feels it will lead to faster
code. There is no run-time checking we can do to avoid this, hence the need
for changing the build-time configuration.

/Bruce