* [dpdk-dev] maximum line size on patch
@ 2014-11-26 17:31 De Lara Guarch, Pablo
From: De Lara Guarch, Pablo @ 2014-11-26 17:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dev

Hi,

I am trying to send a patch for new sample app UG, but the patch cannot be sent because I am hitting the maximum line size on the patch.

fatal: /tmp/35JFqgAmCA/0001-doc-Added-new-sample-app-UG-for-VM-power-management.patch: 29: patch contains a line longer than 998 characters

This is due to the included svg files. Is there any way I can include them on the patch? Any other way?

Thanks,
Pablo

* Re: [dpdk-dev] maximum line size on patch
@ 2014-11-26 18:12 ` Thomas Monjalon
From: Thomas Monjalon @ 2014-11-26 18:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: De Lara Guarch, Pablo; +Cc: dev

2014-11-26 17:31, De Lara Guarch, Pablo:
> I am trying to send a patch for new sample app UG, but the patch cannot be sent because I am hitting the maximum line size on the patch.
>
> fatal: /tmp/35JFqgAmCA/0001-doc-Added-new-sample-app-UG-for-VM-power-management.patch: 29: patch contains a line longer than 998 characters
>
> This is due to the included svg files. Is there any way I can include them on the patch? Any other way?

Could you try --no-validate?

--
Thomas

* Re: [dpdk-dev] maximum line size on patch
@ 2014-11-26 19:57 ` Neil Horman
From: Neil Horman @ 2014-11-26 19:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: De Lara Guarch, Pablo; +Cc: dev

On Wed, Nov 26, 2014 at 05:31:12PM +0000, De Lara Guarch, Pablo wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to send a patch for new sample app UG, but the patch cannot be sent because I am hitting the maximum line size on the patch.
>
> fatal: /tmp/35JFqgAmCA/0001-doc-Added-new-sample-app-UG-for-VM-power-management.patch: 29: patch contains a line longer than 998 characters
>
> This is due to the included svg files. Is there any way I can include them on the patch? Any other way?

You can also just put your local git tree in a public place and send a pull
request to the list.
Neil