* [dpdk-dev] DPDK 1.7 - rte_eth_dev_flow_ctrl_set API returns error code -95
@ 2015-03-17 14:51 Bhat, Sharat (Nokia - IN/Bangalore)
From: Bhat, Sharat (Nokia - IN/Bangalore) @ 2015-03-17 14:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dev
  Cc: Agarwal, Salil \(Nokia - IN/Bangalore\),
	A, Satheesh \(Nokia - IN/Bangalore\),
	Padhy, Lokanath \(Nokia - IN/Bangalore\)

Hello ,

We have 30 VF's  and  first 15 VF's are handled by DPDK i.e. bound to igb_uio and PF is boud to ixgbe driver.

I am trying  to set Flow Control parameters for a VF/port using rte_eth_dev_flow_ctrl but it always returns error code -95.

Same error code is returned by tetspmd application as well.

"testpmd> set flow_ctrl rx off 0
cannot get current flow ctrl parameters, returncode = -95" .

If Any one of you are succeeded in setting  flow control parameters for a VF using DPDK 1.7 , please help me .

I was expecting  at least testpmd application should work  with flow control set API, but it is not the case.

I have tried to switch of Flow Control using  ethtool for PF  , no error message,  but its not reflecting the changes.

Thanks and Regards,
Sharat Bhat

* Re: [dpdk-dev] DPDK 1.7 - rte_eth_dev_flow_ctrl_set API returns error code -95
@ 2015-03-17 15:17 ` Neil Horman
From: Neil Horman @ 2015-03-17 15:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bhat, Sharat (Nokia - IN/Bangalore)
  Cc: dev, Agarwal, Salil \(Nokia - IN/Bangalore\),

On Tue, Mar 17, 2015 at 02:51:26PM +0000, Bhat, Sharat (Nokia - IN/Bangalore) wrote:
> Hello ,
>
> We have 30 VF's  and  first 15 VF's are handled by DPDK i.e. bound to igb_uio and PF is boud to ixgbe driver.
>
> I am trying  to set Flow Control parameters for a VF/port using rte_eth_dev_flow_ctrl but it always returns error code -95.
>
> Same error code is returned by tetspmd application as well.
>
> "testpmd> set flow_ctrl rx off 0
> cannot get current flow ctrl parameters, returncode = -95" .
>

> If Any one of you are succeeded in setting  flow control parameters for a VF using DPDK 1.7 , please help me .
>
> I was expecting  at least testpmd application should work  with flow control set API, but it is not the case.
>
> I have tried to switch of Flow Control using  ethtool for PF  , no error message,  but its not reflecting the changes.
>

> Thanks and Regards,
> Sharat Bhat

There is no VF pmd in dpdk with a flow_ctrl_set method registered.  As such,
every attempt to set flow control will return -EOPNOTSUPP (-95)
Neil