* [dpdk-dev] removal of old deprecation notice for Chelsio filtering
@ 2016-07-28  8:29 Thomas Monjalon
From: Thomas Monjalon @ 2016-07-28  8:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rahul Lakkireddy; +Cc: Kumar Sanghvi, dev

Hi Rahul,

We still have this deprecation notice:

* ABI changes are planned for adding four new flow types. This impacts
  RTE_ETH_FLOW_MAX. The release 2.2 does not contain these ABI changes,
  but release 2.3 will. [postponed]

Do you agree that we can remove it now we have a better generic filtering
API approach?

Thank you

* Re: [dpdk-dev] removal of old deprecation notice for Chelsio filtering
@ 2016-07-28 10:12 ` Rahul Lakkireddy
From: Rahul Lakkireddy @ 2016-07-28 10:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Thomas Monjalon; +Cc: dev, Kumar Sanghvi, Nirranjan Kirubaharan

Hi Thomas,

On Thursday, July 07/28/16, 2016 at 01:29:20 -0700, Thomas Monjalon wrote:
> Hi Rahul,
>
> We still have this deprecation notice:
>
> * ABI changes are planned for adding four new flow types. This impacts
>   RTE_ETH_FLOW_MAX. The release 2.2 does not contain these ABI changes,
>   but release 2.3 will. [postponed]
>
> Do you agree that we can remove it now we have a better generic filtering
> API approach?

Yes.  We can remove this deprecation notice in favor of the generic
filtering proposal in discussion.  I'll send a patch now.

Thanks,
Rahul