* [dpdk-dev] PCAP memory leak in freeing jumbo frames
@ 2016-11-03  9:35 Dror Birkman
From: Dror Birkman @ 2016-11-03  9:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dev; +Cc: Nicolas Pernas Maradei, ferruh.yigit

Hi,

I have a huge memory leak when I release mbufs allocated
by eth_pcap_rx_jumbo().

I use rte_mempool_put_bulk() to release the mbufs.
To my horror I found out it puts back to the mempool only the head mbuf and
not its segments!

I know rte_pktmbuf_free() frees the mbuf and all it segments, but afaik it
is not thread safe.

What is the thread safe way to free mbufs (preferably in bulk) and their
segments?

TIA,
Dror