* [dpdk-dev] technical board meeting, 2017-06-07
@ 2017-06-06 16:40 Stephen Hemminger
       [not found] ` <CGME20170607094545eucas1p2d77d683df268c13561a5f6fe42526778@eucas1p2.samsung.com>
From: Stephen Hemminger @ 2017-06-06 16:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dev

Hello everyone,

A meeting of the DPDK technical board will occur this Wednesday, 7th June 2017
at 3pm UTC.

The meeting takes place on the #dpdk-board channel on IRC.
This meeting is public, so anybody can join, see below for the agenda.

Agenda: https://annuel.framapad.org/p/r.0c3cc4d1e011214183872a98f6b5c7db

0. Release blocking issues?
Are there any known urgent blocking issues at this time.

1. Hosting and user repositories
What is policy? Where should it be documented?

2. Bus changes and API breakage.
I haven't been tracking the fine print. How badly does next
release change the API?

4. Fail-Safe PMD
What is current status? Is it ready?

5. Bugzilla
Last meeting agreed to setup Bugzilla, what is progress.

6. Governing board status
Are there any AR's for TAB?

* Re: [dpdk-dev] technical board meeting, 2017-06-07
       [not found] ` <CGME20170607094545eucas1p2d77d683df268c13561a5f6fe42526778@eucas1p2.samsung.com>
@ 2017-06-07  9:45   ` Ilya Maximets
From: Ilya Maximets @ 2017-06-07  9:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dev
  Cc: Stephen Hemminger, Bruce Richardson, Thomas Monjalon,
	Sergio Gonzalez Monroy, Yuanhan Liu, Heetae Ahn

Hello everyone,

I wanted to remind the question about 'external dependencies'
and off-by-default policy for the new features.

Currently, I'm interested in adding libnuma as a general dependency
for LIBRTE_EAL as suggested by Sergio Gonzalez Monroy in discussion
of balanced allocation of hugepages.

Most recent patchset located here:
http://dpdk.org/ml/archives/dev/2017-June/067337.html

It fails to build on the test servers right now because of not
installed libnuma-devel package.

Previous discussion was in this thread:
http://dpdk.org/ml/archives/dev/2017-April/063442.html

Maybe you can add this topic to agenda?

Unfortunately I'll not be able to join the meeting, but I'd
like to hear your opinions and read the discussion log and
meeting-minutes later.

Thanks.
Best regards, Ilya Maximets.

* Re: [dpdk-dev] technical board meeting, 2017-06-07
@ 2017-06-07 11:18     ` Bruce Richardson
From: Bruce Richardson @ 2017-06-07 11:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ilya Maximets
  Cc: dev, Stephen Hemminger, Thomas Monjalon, Sergio Gonzalez Monroy,
	Yuanhan Liu, Heetae Ahn

On Wed, Jun 07, 2017 at 12:45:43PM +0300, Ilya Maximets wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I wanted to remind the question about 'external dependencies'
> and off-by-default policy for the new features.
>
> Currently, I'm interested in adding libnuma as a general dependency
> for LIBRTE_EAL as suggested by Sergio Gonzalez Monroy in discussion
> of balanced allocation of hugepages.
>
> Most recent patchset located here:
> http://dpdk.org/ml/archives/dev/2017-June/067337.html
>
> It fails to build on the test servers right now because of not
> installed libnuma-devel package.
>
> Previous discussion was in this thread:
> http://dpdk.org/ml/archives/dev/2017-April/063442.html
>
> Maybe you can add this topic to agenda?
>
> Unfortunately I'll not be able to join the meeting, but I'd
> like to hear your opinions and read the discussion log and
> meeting-minutes later.

Thanks for bringing this up again.

Rather than taking the incremental approach to bolting on new features
to our build system, please see the RFC I've just submitted to take the
"nuclear option" and try and wholesale replace our config and build with
better alternatives, and give us a more standard build approach.

Please take the patch for a test-drive and let me know what you think.

Regards,
/Bruce