* [dpdk-dev] 17.11.5-rc1 patches review and test
@ 2019-01-07 20:56 Yongseok Koh
From: Yongseok Koh @ 2019-01-07 20:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dpdk stable; +Cc: dev

Hi all,

Here is a list of patches targeted for LTS release 17.11.5. Please help review
and test RC1. The planned date for the final release is 18 Jan 2019 unless
there's need for RC2. Before that, please shout if anyone has objections with
these patches being applied.

Also for the companies committed to running regression tests, please run the
tests and report any issue before the release date.

The release candidate tarballs can be found at:

    https://dpdk.org/browse/dpdk-stable/tag/?id=v17.11.5-rc1

These patches are located at branch 17.11 of dpdk-stable repo:

    https://dpdk.org/browse/dpdk-stable/

Thanks,
Yongseok

---
Ajit Khaparde (1):
      net/bnxt: set MAC filtering as outer for non tunnel frames

Alejandro Lucero (4):
      mem: fix memory initialization time
      net/nfp: fix mbuf flags with checksum good
      net/nfp: fix RSS
      bus/pci: compare kernel driver instead of interrupt handler

Anatoly Burakov (2):
      mem: fix undefined behavior in NUMA-aware mapping
      usertools: check for lspci dependency

Andrew Rybchenko (2):
      net/sfc/base: fix build because of no declaration
      net/sfc: receive prepared packets even in Rx exception case

Andy Green (37):
      eal: explicit cast of builtin for bsf32
      eal: explicit cast of core id when getting index
      eal: declare trace buffer at top of own block
      spinlock/x86: move stack declaration before code
      net: move stack variable at top of VLAN strip function
      ethdev: explicit cast of buffered Tx number
      hash: move stack declaration at top of CRC32c function
      hash: explicit casts for truncation in CRC32c
      bus/pci: replace strncpy by strlcpy
      bus/dpaa: fix inconsistent struct alignment
      net/nfp: fix memcpy out of source range
      net/qede: replace strncpy by strlcpy
      net/qede: fix strncpy
      net/sfc: make sure that stats name is nul-terminated
      app/procinfo: fix sprintf overrun
      devtools: provide more generic grep in git check
      eal: explicit cast of strlcpy return
      eal: fix casts in random functions
      eal: explicit cast in constant byte swap
      ring: remove useless variables
      ring: remove signed type flip-flopping
      mbuf: fix reference counter integer promotion
      mbuf: explicit casts of reference counter
      mbuf: explicit cast of headroom on reset
      mbuf: explicit cast of size on detach
      net: explicit cast of multicast bit clearing
      net: explicit cast of IP checksum to 16-bit
      net: explicit cast of protocol in IPv6 checksum
      ethdev: explicit cast of queue count return
      eal/x86: fix type of variable in memcpy function
      eal: explicit cast in rwlock functions
      net: explicit cast in L4 checksum
      mbuf: fix type of private size in detach
      mbuf: fix type of variables in linearize function
      mbuf: avoid implicit demotion in 64-bit arithmetic
      mbuf: avoid integer promotion in prepend/adj/chain
      ethdev: fix type and scope of variables in Rx burst

Andy Moreton (3):
      net/sfc/base: properly align on line continuation
      net/sfc/base: fix MAC Tx stats for less or equal to 64 bytes
      net/sfc/base: fix ID retrieval in v3 licensing

Anoob Joseph (3):
      app/test-crypto-perf: fix check for auth key
      app/test-crypto-perf: fix check for cipher IV
      app/test-crypto-perf: fix double allocation of memory

Bei Sun (1):
      net/bnxt: set VLAN strip mode before default VNIC cfg

Beilei Xing (2):
      net/i40e: update Tx offload mask
      net/i40e: fix X710 Rx after reading some registers

Brian Archbold (1):
      app/testpmd: fix duplicate exit

Bruce Richardson (1):
      eal: support strlcpy function

Chaitanya Babu Talluri (1):
      efd: fix write unlock during ring creation

Chas Williams (1):
      net/bonding: fix Rx slave fairness

Dharmik Thakkar (1):
      test/hash: fix build

Didier Pallard (1):
      net: fix Intel prepare function for IP checksum offload

Evgeny Im (1):
      net/failsafe: remove not supported multicast MAC filter

Fan Zhang (1):
      bus/pci: fix config r/w access

Ferruh Yigit (5):
      eal: fix build with gcc 9.0
      test/reorder: fix out of bound access
      net/i40e/base: fix comment referencing internal data
      bus/pci: fix allocation of device path
      kni: fix build on Linux 4.19

Fiona Trahe (1):
      test/crypto: fix number of queue pairs

Haiyue Wang (1):
      net/i40e: enable loopback function for X722 MAC

Harry van Haaren (1):
      event/sw: fix cq index check for unlink usecases

Herakliusz Lipiec (2):
      app/testpmd: fix printf format in event callback
      examples/ipv4_multicast: fix leak of cloned packets

Honnappa Nagarahalli (1):
      build: enable ARM NEON flag when __aarch64__ defined

Huaibin Wang (1):
      net/i40e: keep promiscuous on if allmulticast is enabled

Hyong Youb Kim (2):
      net/enic: do not use non-standard integer types
      net/enic: set Rx VLAN offload flag for non-stripped packets

Ian Dolzhansky (1):
      net/failsafe: add checks for deferred queue setup

Igor Romanov (5):
      net/bonding: use evenly distributed default RSS RETA
      net/bonding: do not ignore RSS key on device config
      net/sfc: fix an Rx queue double release possibility
      net/sfc: fix a Tx queue double release possibility
      net/failsafe: fix crash on slave queue release

Ivan Malov (4):
      net/sfc/base: fix a typo in unicast filter insertion comment
      net/sfc: do not skip RSS configuration step on reconfigure
      net/sfc: allow to query RSS key and HF in isolated mode
      net/sfc: allow to query RSS key and HF when RSS is disabled

Jerin Jacob (8):
      app/testpmd: fix csum parse-tunnel command invocation
      mbuf: fix Tx offload mask
      doc: clarify L3 Tx checksum prerequisite
      doc: clarify L4 Tx checksum prerequisite
      crypto/scheduler: fix build with gcc 8.2
      doc: clarify TSO Tx offload prerequisite
      eal: introduce rte version of fls
      eal: fix build

John Daley (1):
      net/enic: fix flow API memory leak

Konstantin Ananyev (2):
      acl: forbid rule with priority zero
      ip_frag: use key length for key comparison

Lee Daly (1):
      net/bonding: fix possible silent failure in config

Li Han (1):
      ip_frag: fix overflow in key comparison

Luca Boccassi (3):
      net/e1000: do not error out if Rx drop enable is set
      eal/linux: handle UIO read failure in interrupt handler
      net/virtio: register/unregister intr handler on start/stop

Mark Spender (1):
      net/sfc/base: prevent access to the NIC config before probe

Marko Kovacevic (1):
      doc: fix formatting in IP reassembly app guide

Martin Harvey (3):
      net/sfc/base: fix SAL annotation for input buffers
      net/sfc/base: check size of memory to read sensors data to
      net/sfc/base: avoid usage of too big arrays on stack

Matthew Smith (1):
      net/ixgbe: wait longer for link after fiber MAC setup

Mody, Rasesh (4):
      net/qede/base: fix to handle stag update event
      net/bnx2x: fix logging to include device name
      net/bnx2x: fix to add PHY lock
      net/bnx2x: fix VF link state update

Pablo de Lara (1):
      crypto/aesni_mb: fix possible array overrun

Paul M Stillwell Jr (1):
      ethdev: fix doxygen comment to be with structure

Pavan Nikhilesh (1):
      test/event: check burst mode capability

Phil Yang (6):
      app/testpmd: optimize mbuf pool allocation
      app/testpmd: fix vdev socket initialization
      app/testpmd: fix physical port socket initialization
      kni: fix kernel FIFO synchronization
      app/testpmd: reserve NUMA node per port and per ring
      test: release ring resources after PMD perf test

Qi Zhang (4):
      net/i40e: fix send admin queue command before init
      net/i40e/base: properly clean resources
      net/i40e/base: gracefully clean the resources
      net/i40e/base: correct global reset timeout calculation

Radu Nicolau (2):
      net/bonding: stop and deactivate slaves on stop
      net/bonding: fix crash when stopping mode 4 port

Rafal Kozik (1):
      doc: add VFIO in ENA guide

Rami Rosen (2):
      doc: fix wrong usage of bind command
      examples/vhost: remove unnecessary constant

Rasesh Mody (2):
      net/bnx2x: fix to disable further interrupts
      net/bnx2x: fix call to link handling periodic function

Raslan Darawsheh (1):
      app/testpmd: fix L4 length for UDP checksum

Reshma Pattan (1):
      latency: fix timestamp marking and latency calculation

Richard Houldsworth (1):
      net/sfc/base: make last byte of module information available

Shahaf Shuler (3):
      net/mlx5: add Bluefield device id
      net/mlx5: disable ConnectX-4 Lx Multi Packet Send by default
      net: fix build with pedantic

Shahed Shaikh (5):
      net/qede: fix Tx offload mask
      net/qede/base: fix MFW FLR flow
      net/qede: fix flow director for IPv6 filter
      net/qede: fix Rx buffer size calculation
      net/qede: fix Tx tunnel offload support mask

Somnath Kotur (1):
      net/bnxt: fix uninitialized pointer access in Tx

Stephen Hemminger (2):
      igb_uio: fix refcount if open returns error
      net/tap: fix file descriptor check

Stewart Allen (1):
      net/ena: fix passing RSS hash to mbuf

Subrahmanyam Nilla (1):
      net/thunderx: fix Tx desc corruption in scatter-gather mode

Szymon Sliwa (1):
      crypto/mvsam: update hash digest sizes

Thomas Monjalon (5):
      kvargs: fix processing a null list
      kni: fix build on Linux < 3.14
      pci: fix parsing of address without function number
      eal: fix build with -O1
      kni: fix possible uninitialized variable

Timothy Redaelli (1):
      net/qede: fix crash when configure fails

Tiwei Bie (2):
      net/virtio-user: fix typo in error message
      vhost: remove unneeded null pointer check

Vivek Sharma (1):
      eal: use correct data type for bitmap slab operations

Xiaolong Ye (2):
      net/i40e: fix offload not supported mask
      net/ixgbe: fix maximum wait time in comment

Yahui Cao (3):
      net/virtio-user: do not reset owner when driver resets
      net/vhost: fix parameters string
      vhost: fix corner case for enqueue operation

Yanglong Wu (1):
      net/ixgbevf: fix link state

Yipeng Wang (1):
      test/hash: fix bucket size in perf test

Yong Wang (1):
      doc: fix typo in testpmd guide

Yongping Zhang (1):
      net/bnxt: fix registration of VF async event completion ring

Yongseok Koh (8):
      eal/arm64: fix instrinsic for GCC < 4.9
      mk: disable gcc AVX512F support
      net/mlx5: make vectorized Tx threshold configurable
      net/mlx5: optimize Rx buffer replenishment threshold
      net/mlx5: fix multi-chunk mempool support
      ethdev: fix queue start and stop
      table: fix casting cuckoo hash function
      net/nfp: replace strncpy by strlcpy

Yunjian Wang (2):
      net/bonding: support matching QinQ ethertype
      net/e1000/base: fix uninitialized variable

Zhirun Yan (2):
      net/ixgbe: update Tx offload mask
      net/igb: update Tx offload mask

Ziye Yang (1):
      eal/linux: fix memory leak of logid

* Re: [dpdk-dev] 17.11.5-rc1 patches review and test
@ 2019-02-14 18:38 ` Alejandro Lucero
From: Alejandro Lucero @ 2019-02-14 18:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Yongseok Koh; +Cc: dpdk stable, dev, Pablo Cascon

Hi,

I'm afraid there is a problem with the strlcpy change in the nfp code.
Using the rte_strlcpy makes the fw upload failing.
I will send a patch asap using memcpy instead.