* [dpdk-dev] DPDK Release Status Meeting 14/3/2019
@ 2019-03-14 17:03 Ferruh Yigit
From: Ferruh Yigit @ 2019-03-14 17:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dpdk-dev
  Cc: John McNamara, Stokes, Ian, Thomas Monjalon, Jerin Jacob, Akhil,
	Goyal, Cristian Dumitrescu, Qian Xu, Yongseok Koh,
	Maxime Coquelin, Qi Zhang, Shahaf Shuler, Pablo de Lara

Minutes 14 March 2019
---------------------

Agenda:
* Release Dates
* Subtrees
* OvS
* Opens

Participants:
* Debian
* Intel
* Mellanox
* RedHat

Release Dates
-------------

* v19.05 dates, no change:
  * RC1: Friday, 29 March
  * Release: Friday, 10 May

  * Schedule web page updated accordingly:
    http://core.dpdk.org/roadmap/#dates

* v19.08 proposal, updating since no objection to mail list discussion [1],
  please comment if there is any concern:
  * Proposal/V1               Friday 03 June   2019
  * Integration/Merge/RC1     Friday 01 July   2019
  * Release                   Thurs  01 August 2019

  [1]: https://mails.dpdk.org/archives/dev/2019-February/125000.html

Subtrees
--------

* main
  * More patches to merge, nothing major at this point
  * Features of the release to pay attention:
    * Arm locking patches
      * Need more review
    * Windows patches
      * Thomas send a list of libs to cover for windows support to techboard,
        will share with dev list after it has been discussed
  * Overall ~500 patches are waiting, to be able to make rc1 on time, we should
    be processed majority of it end of next week

* next-net
  * nothing critical/urgent at this point
  * af_xdp has a timing concern [2] since it dependents Linux kernel 5.1
    version, suggestion is getting the PMD if Linux kernel side looks stable
    - David Marchand offered additional reviews
    [2]: https://mails.dpdk.org/archives/dev/2019-March/126426.html

* next-virtio
  * not much merge expected this week

* next-crypto
  * There is no update this week, Akhil will try to apply some patches over the
    weekend

* next-eventdev
* next-pipeline
* next-qos
  * No update, we need attendance from maintainers
  * Will ping Cristian Dumitrescu for merging patches early to include them into
    early merge

* Stable trees
  * 18.11-1-rc1 is out, waiting to be tested
    - Will try to get more detail on Intel testing plan for it
  * 16.11.9-rc2 Intel confirmed that issues are not introduced in this release,
    - Some issues already known
    - There is a GRE checksum offload in i40e, can be possible to fix in LTS
      It is waiting response from maintainers, if response doesn't come timely
      it will be released with the issue.
  * 18.08.1-rc3 is waiting for more test
    - Will clarify Intel internally if there is a demand for it, if not can be
      possible to drop the short term release.
    - There is a discussion ongoing about future of short term stable trees:
      https://mails.dpdk.org/archives/dev/2019-March/126394.html

OvS
---

* No major issue, 2.11 released

Opens
-----

* Akhil is looking for co-maintainer for crypto sub-tree,
  any volunteer please contact to Akhil or Thomas.
* Security process, some updates done on draft, it will be shared for wider
  review
* Defects, we are not looking defects for a while, we should spend more time
  on it in the next meeting.

DPDK Release Status Meetings
============================

The DPDK Release Status Meeting is intended for DPDK Committers to discuss
the status of the master tree and sub-trees, and for project managers to
track progress or milestone dates.

The meeting occurs on Thursdays at 8:30 UTC. If you wish to attend just
send an email to "John McNamara <john.mcnamara@intel.com>" for the invite.

From: Ferruh Yigit @ 2019-03-14 17:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dpdk-dev
  Cc: John McNamara, Stokes, Ian, Thomas Monjalon, Jerin Jacob, Akhil,
[...]

* Re: [dpdk-dev] DPDK Release Status Meeting 14/3/2019
@ 2019-03-14 17:23 ` Ferruh Yigit
From: Ferruh Yigit @ 2019-03-14 17:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dpdk-dev
  Cc: John McNamara, Stokes, Ian, Thomas Monjalon, Jerin Jacob, Akhil,

On 3/14/2019 5:03 PM, Ferruh Yigit wrote:
> Minutes 14 March 2019
> ---------------------
>
> Agenda:
> * Release Dates
> * Subtrees
> * OvS
> * Opens
>

> Participants:
> * Debian
> * Intel
> * Mellanox
> * RedHat
>

> Release Dates
> -------------
>
> * v19.05 dates, no change:
>   * RC1: Friday, 29 March
>   * Release: Friday, 10 May
>
>   * Schedule web page updated accordingly:
>     http://core.dpdk.org/roadmap/#dates
>
> * v19.08 proposal, updating since no objection to mail list discussion [1],
>   please comment if there is any concern:
>   * Proposal/V1               Friday 03 June   2019
>   * Integration/Merge/RC1     Friday 01 July   2019
>   * Release                   Thurs  01 August 2019

Correction on dates, 'Friday's should be 'Monday':

   * Proposal/V1               Monday    03 June   2019
   * Integration/Merge/RC1     Monday    01 July   2019
   * Release                   Thursday  01 August 2019

From: Ferruh Yigit @ 2019-03-14 17:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dpdk-dev
  Cc: John McNamara, Stokes, Ian, Thomas Monjalon, Jerin Jacob, Akhil,