* [dpdk-dev] DPDK Release Status Meeting 8/10/2020
@ 2020-10-08 12:54 Ferruh Yigit
From: Ferruh Yigit @ 2020-10-08 12:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dev; +Cc: Thomas Monjalon

Meeting minutes of 8 October 2020
---------------------------------

Agenda:
* Release Dates
* Subtrees
* OvS

Participants:
* Broadcom
* Debian/Microsoft
* Intel
* Marvell
* Nvidia
* NXP
* Red Hat

Release Dates
-------------

* v20.11 dates
   * -rc1:           Friday, 16 October 2020
   * -rc2 pushed to  *Friday, 23 October 2020*
   * Release:        Friday, 13 November 2020

   * Nvidia Mellanox, Marvell, Broadcom & Arm already sent roadmap, all
     contributors please send roadmap for the release.

Subtrees
--------

* main
   * SIMD bitwidth form Ciara
     * Waiting for more comments from architecture maintainers
      * Overall architecture maintainers should be cc'ed in arch
        related patches.
        * Patch author's responsibility to request comment from
          architecture maintainers
   * Working on Cristian's pipeline fix
   * Some small patches will be merged today/tomorrow
   * Vladimir & Konstantin's patches are cross dependent
     * May get Konstantin's first to fix the dependency issue
   * Thomas will review some rawdev patches
   * Windows patches are not ready
   * mbuf patch from Thomas to switch to dynamic fields is not ready
     * This is risk for long term that mbuf is out of space
     * Help requested to finish the work
   * Power patches missing some responses
   * Make removal doc updates should have review from all relevant PMD
     maintainers
     * Consensus was to get it as it is for -rc1 to not block more patches
   * The series to update the terms/language are still in the backlog
     * They are not passing the CI, needs attention

* next-net
   * A week away from -rc1 but there are still ethdev patches in backlog
     * Majority of them are from Nvidia
       * rte flow shared action
       * capture hardware timestamps
       * flow-based traffic sampling
         * Jerin did review in the past, was looking good
       * hairpin between two ports
       * tunnel offload API
       * match on L3 fragmented packets
       * Rx buffer split
       * query of AGE action
     * Other ethdev sets
       * FEC support
         * Only waiting for testpmd update, ethdev part acked
       * reset and recovery events
         * Under review
       * offload to drop error packets
     * Please help on reviews
   * Waiting a rebased version of the new txgbe PMD

* next-crypto
   * bbdev PMD has been merged
   * Broadcom PMD final reviews are going on
   * Two series are under review, planning to fish in a few days
     * One is enum update
   * Planning to prepare tree for end of this week
   * bbdev application for -rc2
   * sdap support may be postponed to -rc2
   * There was a "multi process crypto application" from Arek from last release
     * There is no update in this release, is it still valid?

* next-eventdev
   * There are two new PMDs, two DLB driver versions
     * DLB PMDs has dependency to eal API and eventdev spec
       * Waiting for new version to address these
   * A few more patches, planning to complete this week
   * Can send a pull request early next week

* next-virtio
   * A few review are going on
   * Waiting for new version of the patches
     * Most of the patches are coming from PRC team which is on holiday
       * If the new version of the patches does not arrive on time
         all can be postponed to -rc2
   * vhost-crypto issue reviews are going on

* next-net-intel
   * in progress

* next-net-mlx
   * in progress

* next-net-mrvl
   * One or two more patches for -rc1

* next-net-brcm
   * in progress

OvS
---

* There is an ongoing effort in the community to speed up reviews and consume
   the backlog

DPDK Release Status Meetings
============================

The DPDK Release Status Meeting is intended for DPDK Committers to discuss the
status of the master tree and sub-trees, and for project managers to track
progress or milestone dates.

The meeting occurs on every Thursdays at 8:30 UTC. on https://meet.jit.si/DPDK

If you wish to attend just send an email to
"John McNamara <john.mcnamara@intel.com>" for the invite.

* Re: [dpdk-dev] DPDK Release Status Meeting 8/10/2020
@ 2020-10-08 14:47 ` Ferruh Yigit
From: Ferruh Yigit @ 2020-10-08 14:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dev; +Cc: Thomas Monjalon

On 10/8/2020 1:54 PM, Ferruh Yigit wrote:
> Meeting minutes of 8 October 2020
> ---------------------------------
>
> Agenda:
> * Release Dates
> * Subtrees
> * OvS
>
> Participants:
> * Broadcom
> * Debian/Microsoft
> * Intel
> * Marvell
> * Nvidia
> * NXP
> * Red Hat
>

> Release Dates
> -------------
>
> * v20.11 dates
>    * -rc1:           Friday, 16 October 2020
>    * -rc2 pushed to  *Friday, 23 October 2020*
>    * Release:        Friday, 13 November 2020

The -rc2 date above is wrong, thanks Asaf for catching it,
correct one is as below:

* -rc2 pushed to  *Friday, 30 October 2020*

* Re: [dpdk-dev] DPDK Release Status Meeting 8/10/2020
@ 2020-10-09 16:56 ` Stephen Hemminger
From: Stephen Hemminger @ 2020-10-09 16:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ferruh Yigit; +Cc: dev, Thomas Monjalon

On Thu, 8 Oct 2020 13:54:50 +0100
Ferruh Yigit <ferruh.yigit@intel.com> wrote:

>    * The series to update the terms/language are still in the backlog
>      * They are not passing the CI, needs attention

Who is addressing this?
I don't see any failures listed in the patchwork CI results.

* Re: [dpdk-dev] DPDK Release Status Meeting 8/10/2020
@ 2020-10-09 17:30   ` Thomas Monjalon
From: Thomas Monjalon @ 2020-10-09 17:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stephen Hemminger; +Cc: Ferruh Yigit, dev, david.marchand

09/10/2020 18:56, Stephen Hemminger:
> On Thu, 8 Oct 2020 13:54:50 +0100
> Ferruh Yigit <ferruh.yigit@intel.com> wrote:
>
> >    * The series to update the terms/language are still in the backlog
> >      * They are not passing the CI, needs attention
>
> Who is addressing this?
> I don't see any failures listed in the patchwork CI results.

I can see a CI failure in this patchset:
	https://patches.dpdk.org/patch/78423/
It seems to be this error:
	EAL: FATAL: Invalid 'command line' arguments.