From: Bruce Richardson <bruce.richardson@intel.com>
To: Liang Ma <liangma@liangbit.com>
Cc: dev@dpdk.org
Subject: Re: [dpdk-dev] Question about enable CBDMA with ioat PMD ?
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2021 19:24:41 +0100	[thread overview]

On Tue, Apr 13, 2021 at 06:36:38PM +0100, Liang Ma wrote:
> Hi Bruce,
>    I look into current IOAT PMD. I found that looks only support the
>    latest DSA device which is part of SPR(Please correct me if I'm wrong).
>    However, there still is lots existing CPU that support previous CBDMA
>    Intel Quick-DATA technology. SPDK enable those device with uio.
>    Any hint to enable those CBDMA device with IOAT PMD ?

Hi Liang,

These devices are still supported by the driver. In the latest releases the
new device support was added but no older device support was removed.
Please let us know if you do hit any problems with running it on the CBDMA
HW devices, because it should all still be working as before.

Regards,
/Bruce