* [dpdk-dev] About RTE_MAX_ETHPORT_QUEUE_STATS_MAPS
@ 2014-08-21  9:04 Alejandro Lucero
From: Alejandro Lucero @ 2014-08-21  9:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dev

Hi,

Documentation and header files describe stat_idx parameter for

rte_eth_dev_set_tx_queue_stats_mapping

and

rte_eth_dev_set_rx_queue_stats_mapping

as

The value must be in the range
[0, RTE_MAX_ETHPORT_QUEUE_STATS_MAPS - 1]

I have not found a definition for RTE_MAX_ETHPORT_QUEUE_STATS_MAPS but the
per queue counters inside struct rte_eth_stats are arrays with length
RTE_ETHDEV_QUEUE_STAT_CNTRS which is defined at

config/defconfig_x86_64-default-linuxapp-gcc

CONFIG_RTE_ETHDEV_QUEUE_STAT_CNTRS=16

I assume RTE_MAX_ETHPORT_QUEUE_STATS_MAPS is equal to
CONFIG_RTE_ETHDEV_QUEUE_STAT_CNTRS.

Can anyone confirm this?

* Re: [dpdk-dev] About RTE_MAX_ETHPORT_QUEUE_STATS_MAPS
@ 2014-09-16 13:22 ` Thomas Monjalon
From: Thomas Monjalon @ 2014-09-16 13:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alejandro Lucero; +Cc: dev

Hi,

2014-08-21 10:04, Alejandro Lucero:
> Documentation and header files describe stat_idx parameter for
> rte_eth_dev_set_tx_queue_stats_mapping
> and
> rte_eth_dev_set_rx_queue_stats_mapping
> as
> The value must be in the range
> [0, RTE_MAX_ETHPORT_QUEUE_STATS_MAPS - 1]

This function should not be part of the generic API.
It's an ixgbe-only setup.
Cleanup is required here.

> I have not found a definition for RTE_MAX_ETHPORT_QUEUE_STATS_MAPS but the
> per queue counters inside struct rte_eth_stats are arrays with length
> RTE_ETHDEV_QUEUE_STAT_CNTRS which is defined at
> config/defconfig_x86_64-default-linuxapp-gcc
> CONFIG_RTE_ETHDEV_QUEUE_STAT_CNTRS=16
>
> I assume RTE_MAX_ETHPORT_QUEUE_STATS_MAPS is equal to
> CONFIG_RTE_ETHDEV_QUEUE_STAT_CNTRS.

To be more precise, this index must be lower than the number of stat
counters (CONFIG_RTE_ETHDEV_QUEUE_STAT_CNTRS=16) AND lower than the
number of ixgbe hardware counters (16 if I remember well).

A patch to fix this doxygen comment would be welcome.
Another patch to move this API in an ixgbe specific file would be great.

Thanks
--
Thomas