* [dpdk-dev] DPDK techboard minutes of November 07
@ 2018-11-15 18:31 Ananyev, Konstantin
From: Ananyev, Konstantin @ 2018-11-15 18:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dev; +Cc: techboard

Meeting notes for the DPDK technical board meeting
held on 2018-11-07

Attendees:
        - Bruce Richardson
        - Ferruh Yigit
        - Konstantin Ananyev
        - Maxime Coquelin
        - Olivier Matz
        - Thomas Monjalon

0) Informal discussion about current PPC support status
As brought by Thomas:
They are not active maintainers for 18.05+ releases for Power 8.
IBM currently concentrates on  17.11 LTS.
They plan to be back with 18.11 LTS for Power 9.
Should we declare Power8 not maintained for 18.11 LTS?
Another suggestion was to introduce concept of "secondary supported platforms"
and move PPC to that category
(by analogy with freebsd tiered platforms:
https://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/articles/committers-guide/archs.html).

1) Next techboard meeting
- Maxime Coquelin will chair it

* Re: [dpdk-dev] DPDK techboard minutes of November 07
@ 2018-11-16 10:27 ` Burakov, Anatoly
From: Burakov, Anatoly @ 2018-11-16 10:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ananyev, Konstantin, dev; +Cc: techboard

On 15-Nov-18 6:31 PM, Ananyev, Konstantin wrote:

> Meeting notes for the DPDK technical board meeting
> held on 2018-11-07
>
> Attendees:
>          - Bruce Richardson
>          - Ferruh Yigit
>          - Konstantin Ananyev
>          - Maxime Coquelin
>          - Olivier Matz
>          - Thomas Monjalon
>
> 0) Informal discussion about current PPC support status
> As brought by Thomas:
> They are not active maintainers for 18.05+ releases for Power 8.
> IBM currently concentrates on  17.11 LTS.
> They plan to be back with 18.11 LTS for Power 9.
> Should we declare Power8 not maintained for 18.11 LTS?
> Another suggestion was to introduce concept of "secondary supported platforms"
> and move PPC to that category
> (by analogy with freebsd tiered platforms:
> https://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/articles/committers-guide/archs.html).

+1, we can't do anything if there are no maintainers, nor can we declare
a platform as "supported" for an LTS release if there is no commitment
to actually maintain the platform for a number of years.

> 1) Next techboard meeting
> - Maxime Coquelin will chair it

Anatoly